1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Having a civilized debate about the specifics of policy and governing philosophy is for politically correct pussies.

RickStain likes this.
  2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

This is all working out very nicely for Hillary Clinton, who is going to win the general election by a considerable margin.

JackReacher, SFIND and TigerVols like this.
  3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

That, too.

I said early on that a massive amount of support is from people who cheered as people were stuffed into lockers in middle school, not the stuffers themselves.

He's basically a cool kid running for seventh-grade class president, making fun of the smart kids for being smart.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Once voters develop an emotional tie to a politician, they stop caring about intellectual consistency. Nobody flip-flopped more in office than did FDR and Reagan, two of the three most popular Presidents (Ike the other one) of the last 100 years.

5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Right. AKA, the "I promise more junk food in the cafeteria!" candidate.

6. Dick Whitman

And that's why they are so stuck right now, if Rubio and Cruz continue to stay in. Some ungodly percentage of Trump's supporters are absolutely committed to him. Polls show this. Like 90 percent. The other two candidates' numbers aren't remotely close to that. So he's got this 35 percent bloc that won't go away, as I've said from the beginning, even if he shouted racial epithets from the stage.

7. Dick Whitman

That's actually Bernie Sanders.

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

For the record, I've quoted you on this in 3 conversations, which according to the Internet Message Board Rules of Order allows me now to take credit for it myself and leave you out the next time I use it.

Dick Whitman likes this.
  9. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

I now want to see a Broadway musical where all of these candidates are seventh graders running for class president.

HanSenSE likes this.
  10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The funny thing is, that many of the people who were stuffed in lockers in middle school are also supporting Trump.

They think he'll stand up to bullies on their behalf.

11. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

The last person you want to elect is the hall monitor.

YankeeFan likes this.
  12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Hillary Clinton calls African-American youth "superpredators" in 1996:

It takes a protestor disrupting an event to bring any attention to the issue:

Which results in her apologizing for her choice of words 20 years after the fact:

“Looking back, I shouldn’t have used those words, and I wouldn’t use them today,” Hillary Clinton told me in a statement when I asked her what she would have said to Ashley Williams, the activist who interrupted Clinton at a Charleston, S.C., fundraiser Wednesday night.

Hillary Clinton on ‘superpredator’ remarks: ‘I shouldn’t have used those words’

And, her apologists are out defending her, reminding us to put her racist remarks in the proper "context":

Because, it's never about race for the Clintons:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.