1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

And keeping the entire population of a country on the knife's edge between alertness and paranoia, then using the fear you ginned up for your own advancement.

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

What's Dubya have to do with this?

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

OK. She still couldn't come up with an answer. I'm not sure she could have come up with an answer of "Democratic" had been left out either.

Both do stand for the same thing, and if DWS had tried to draw a distinction, she would have pissed off the left wing of the party.

5. YankeeFan

It's very Trumpian. A big, beautiful wall, with a door:

[​IMG]

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Super Delegates.

7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Whatever happened to Irony Police?

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

But the person who won the most votes also won the super delegates.

You might as well say that the Electoral College proves that every election in U.S. history was rigged.

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

IF!!!!!!!!!

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I love how Tony, YF, and others are feeling their oats today now that the Trump Train is gaining steam. The Republican system worked! They fairly nominated a terrific candidate!

Let's ask them if they feel the same way on the first Wednesday in November. Well, in Tony's case, more likely January.

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Remember: Even though some states bind their electoral college delegations by law, the only remedy if they broke those laws would be to punish them after the fact. 538 men and women could overturn any presidential election.

12. YankeeFan

I was just thinking about this yesterday. If Trump barely wins the electoral count on election day, I imagine the pressure put upon electors to switch their vote will be enormous -- and I wouldn't be surprised if a couple flipped to give Hillary the election. (Or, maybe voted for someone like Mitt Romney, keeping either candidate from getting a majority, and throwing the election into the House.)

Anyone else think this is a real possibility?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.