1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I know this is you suggesting another poster is mentally ill - you're so cool for doing that, too - but I'd wager Trump will want asylums brought back.

HanSenSE likes this.
  2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

If you are a conservative, you have two choices: A possible disaster who may actually do a number of things you like; or a certain disaster. It's really not that hard. I know you lefties revel in telling everyone else what to do, but voting for #AnyoneButHillary is a pretty easy choice for conservatives. And "anyone" only means someone who actually has a chance.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Of course not; I wouldn't vote for the old bag myself if there were any choice. But Fucko will make my problems and everybody's problems a bazillion times worse.

It can't be allowed.

heyabbott likes this.
  4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

In this "Year of the Outsider" election cycle, you can't possibly believe that's a strength with voters.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

It is definitely a weakness with dumb voters, of which there are many. Approximately 48 percent, as of yesterday.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Please be true:

7. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

What actions / consequences comprise "disaster" under Trump?
    What actions / consequences comprise "disaster" under Hillary?

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I play that game often when people say the current administration --- whatever it is --- has been a "disaster."

I ask for specifics affecting their own lives. The lives of family members. Or even the lives of a friend.

Nobody can ever come up with anything.

There is a part of me who believes I could slip into a coma for 4 and a half years, wake up with no knowledge of who won the 2016 election . . . . and just based on what I see around me STILL COULD NOT TELL WHO WON.

Smallpotatoes and Baron Scicluna like this.
  9. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

"YOU PEOPLE!!!"

Are you Sean Hannity?

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

It won't be nearly as funny as Hillary's concession speech.

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

This is the voice of privilege. Neither you nor anybody you know is in a vulnerable position, so it's easy to think that there is no consequences to elections.

I lived in a town where the conservative takeover and resulting budget impasses and slashes closed the local facility for caring for the permanently mentally disabled. The cascade effect was horrific, both in terms of the jobs lost in the town and in terms of all of these people who literally could not care for themselves suddenly being shoved into the spare bedrooms of whatever closest relative the state could find. Many people's lives got significantly worse almost overnight.

I'm doing everything I can to keep my son out of those places after I die, but it would just take one good run of bad luck, and he depends on all kinds of partially government-funded services for therapies and treatments in the meantime. That shit is absolutely on the chopping block if certain type of conservatives get their way. Because it is "immoral" to make them live on a slightly smaller percentage of what they imagine they carved out of the earth with no help from society.

12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Get real; she was the daughter of a janitor in Oklahoma and you're pretending she's the same as the Wall Streeters and big corp execs?

$350k? That's barely one month for a Wall Streeter hedge fund manager. You do realize that Milken made $500M in one year, right?

$10M? A programmer who's company was bought by Cisco in the 90's retired at 35 with that (and unfortunately he lost it with idle time on his hands).

The system is rigged when the USA bails out AIG and the traders who made hundreds of millions selling the derivatives based on mortgages did not have to pay the consequences of when the bet came up to be paid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.