1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

This must be performance art. You can not actually believe that stuff.

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Kaine looks exactly like Ryan from Million Dollar Listing*:

[​IMG]

*-- Please don't ask me how I know that.

SpeedTchr, Double Down and HanSenSE like this.
  3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I give you credit for stating some tangible items, more than I see from others.

However most of your criticisms of HRC are unfounded IMHO.

My primary dislike of him is his hate; that's the anti-thesis of our country's supposed "melting pot" foundation. Everyone here, aside from Native Americans, were at one time the newest ingredient of that melting pot; including Trump and his most ardent white america supporters. Yet they forget that history; which is sad to me.

As for corruptocrats, how about the champion of the right, Reagan's cabinet/advisors?

4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

That's a scary, deluded statement.

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

A vote for Trump is. No one has any idea what he'll do. He lies unremittingly, he changes his story, he willingly admits he has situational ethics and will negotiate any moral position or international relationship for a better deal. He insults at will and openly respects dictators for their show of will.

A vote for Trump is more or less saying: You handle it Donald. Or don't handle it. I don't know what you'll do but I don't care because I hate this system and I don't want to think about it anymore. I got my own shit to deal with.

In a strange way it'll bring America together.

When Obama says "we don't want to be ruled," I'm not sure he's right. I think some Americans kind of do.

I don't think some Americans are insulted - at all - that Trump suggests he alone can handle these crises. They want him to handle it. They're like, 'bout time somebody came along with the ego the size of a porterhouse steak.

Nor do they want to hear how he'll do it, and, in a sense, this isn't the worst instinct, either. Many Americans know: Shit these days gets done not through who has the best plans, or even compromise -- compromise is a abdication of ideological purity, which is now a sainted trait among some in our population - but sheer imposition of will and personality and celebrity. And Trump has that.

I mean, I have to admit: Trump, for all the whatever he is, really did size up and take down the odious Ted Cruz. This asswipe was an unstoppable shitshowing force for several years. Obstinate, phony, well-spoken, a total opportunist, a politician of the most dangerous order...and Trump called him Lyin Ted, falsely insinuated Ted's dad helped kill JFK, insulted Cruz's wife, and vanquished the guy. And then, in the most bizarre twist, Cruz really makes a fool of himself at RNC, which, though a mistake by Trump to even let the guy talk, looks like a masterstroke because Cruz's one shot at poisoning Trump's run has been spent four months before the election.

Trump relegated Ted Cruz to a fart in the wind. It's pretty terrific, when you think about it.

The choice in this election is really more fundamental than we appreciate. A vote for Trump is a vote to take yourself off the hook for being responsible. You're handing the responsibility to him.

HanSenSE and Riptide like this.
  6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

When will the left get over its belief that it can tell people what they can and can't believe? Hillary is a disaster already proven and will be an even worse disaster in the Oval Office. The most corrupt politician of my lifetime.

7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

My criticisms of Hillary are public record. She lied before Congress. She lies every time she gets in front of a microphone. Her speech tonight will be filled with lies.

8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

There's nothing tangible there, really, and one outright lie about Trump liking the USA. Trump doesn't like much of anything, really. He leaves a trail of broken relationships and changed opinions. That's what isolated, unhappy people do.

9. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I have voted Republican much more than Dem in my life. For me the tipping point was Sarah Palin, Things have changed since she was named to the ticket. But as I look back I now see that things were changing well before Palin. Here is what I believe, not telling you what to believe, anyone that thinks Trump is a better choice than Hillary is seriously fucked up.

jr/shotglass and TigerVols like this.
  10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Gotta give the people what they want:

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Which is which?

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

It is and has been. That's a picture of Internet cynicism, if there ever was one, an embrace of opposition to one side regardless of the changes your own position has to undergo to get there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.