1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Dealing with insurance companies is the worst. And the marketplace is a disaster.

JackReacher likes this.
  2. YankeeFan

The Clinton campaign is so concerned about Russia hacking emails that they declined to cooperate with an FBI investigation.

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

That's because the history books lefties will be pointing to will have been written, in the main, by lefties ...

old_tony likes this.
  4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I was so close ... @cranberry had already trotted out "trickle down," "austerity," "infrastructure" and "obstructionist" ... I was one "Darwinism" away ...

old_tony and Mr. Sunshine like this.
  5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Clinton speech last night:

>>Chelsea was bad. That's a speech to millions, not book time in the library. Not that Chelsea has to be anyone other than who she is; she seems like a nice enough person. But c'mon. Say more. Than three words. At a time. And perhaps. Talk a little. Louder.

>>Hillary's speech was intense, commanding and hawkish. It lacked a light touch, which long hurt her with voters of her own party. I don't think it'll hurt her much in the general election, and she'll be, by some margin, the tougher debate foe for Donald Trump, because of this toughness. She's been accused of everything a person could be accused of, by better orators than Trump.

>> Trump's position on immigration is, IMO, kind of a joke, but hey - it resonates, because people do think that illegal immigration is a major issue and, in the most basic terms, if you grant amnesty, which is more or less Clinton's position based on the speech, millions more will by at the ready to come, for you've given them a major green light to do so. Not that amnesty isn't the solution - it probably is - but you'd better have a second plan ready to roll.

>>Clinton isn't going to woo any gun voters with last night's talk. She'll limit the shit out of them at every turn. As well she should, IMO, but many others disagree.

>>Clinton scored points on Trump's products being built elsewhere.

>>Clinton scored points on Trump's "I alone can fix this" line, but, again, I think Americans kind of like that about Trump. Clinton is fundamentally right about needing a village - and her story about her own mom proves that, as do the millions of abused and broken children out there - but America is awash in individualism that it remains hard to hear. And Americans read "I alone can fix this" line as "I'll cut through the bullshit gridlock by calling everybody out."

>>Sanders' voters are not like to believe Clinton's campaign promises about free college, nor should they, because she won't do them. What's more, Sanders couldn't have. It was unicorn bullshit.

>>Ultimately, Sanders voters will begrudgingly support Clinton in big numbers, especially the women.

Not a bad speech, not great, Clinton at least admits she's a wonk. She also acts like a know-it-all with a chip on her shoulder, and I think, having been through everything she's been through, most people would be.

JMO, but, at some point, Trump has shift down one or two gears on the press conferences and the tweets and the insults.

Clinton's as hot-blooded as they come - too hot blooded. Too passionate, too controlling of every detail. She's not a real cool-headed person. (Which is why she's a hawk.) But Trump, to this point, has not shown he can be the slightest bit cool under pressure, and he'll overheat at this pace. If he has any chance, he has to let her make some unforced errors.

He also has to learn something - anything - about foreign policy. He will not beat Clinton there by repeating the words "Benghazi" and "emails" over and over.

As it stands, his plan is to crush ISIS but resist all attempts at nation building after he does that, while also denying any refugees from those places because they might be leftover ISIS.

In other words, he has a great plan for ISIS 2.

6. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

Thoughtful comments but in the history books I've read there has never been much written about Congress. Unless it changes, 50 years from now few will remember who was in Congress but many will be talking about Obama Presidency hopefully with great nostalgia.

7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

One plan I was dealing raised (or lowered, which is strange) its rates so goddamn willy nilly that you just never knew what was coming. That ended fairly quickly, when I found a more stable plan for this person. It's incredible how unhelpful everyone is during the entire process, too. Shameful.

old_tony likes this.
  8. YankeeFan

Just trying to figure out which doctors and hospitals take what insurance is like pulling teeth.

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

10. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Donny in his element likes this.
  11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Indeed, I Old Tonied it.

12. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

The council voted 4-0 to accept his resignation, effective Sept.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.