1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

image.jpeg

HanSenSE and BitterYoungMatador2 like this.
  2. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

BTW, is there any topic where your initial gut response is not "Both sides do this, you know."

Is it like a medical condition? Were you hypnotized by someone to reflexively suss out hypocrisy in the world?

As a liberal, I'm concerned for you and would like to offer free medical care.

3. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Clintonian relativism. Started when you were in junior high.

4. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

This is why they call it the toy department.

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

And I'm still right.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

"The only thing that separates us is politics."

7. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Or he can just post 40 tweets and call me in the morning.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I read it before you posted it.

And, if Trump were leading, I could absolutely see him doing this.

But, in the history of political campaigns, to trailing candidate has ever wanted fewer/no debates. That's a (cautious) leader's move, when looking to run out the clock. (Kind of like avoiding press conferences.)

Now, I don't think Hillary could get away with this, but it's not unthinkable.

During the primary campaign, she insisted she would not participate in any debates beyond those initially announced by the DNC.

Then, when her campaign was on the verge of collapse, her campaign begged for a debate prior to the New York primary.

Bernie's camp agreed to that, on the condition that they also hold a debate prior to the California primary.

But, with her campaign back on track, and safely on the way to the nomination, Clinton reneged on the agreement, and didn't debate Bernie in California.

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Hillary literally did just skip out of a debate, just months ago.

10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

What extensive knowledge of information security do I need, but not currently have, in order to state definitively that information security should be a top national priority in the highest levels of government?

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

You are intentionally stripping context out of your argument to make it seem less directed than it was.

12. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

It's funny looking at the numbers on RCP. Clinton and Trump are super tight in so many polls, forecasts and projections.

Except for one.

The betting odds.

If there is one thing you can absolutely bank on... Put good money down, with the gold sterling predictability of the rising sun--

It's that Trump can't control himself.

He has a DSM- level narcissistic mental disorder that will continue to manifest itself, if and until it is treated with intensive psychotherapy, probably combined with a heavy pharmalogical hand.

And I don't see him getting any help before November, so....

Bank on the outbursts.

HanSenSE likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.