1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'm sure a Clinton presidency would really upset the Kremlin:

2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

This is how Mitt Romney lost and how Trump is probably going to get creamed. Romney spent too much time chasing rabbits on the campaign trail —responding to inane stuff that Obama threw out probably on purpose. Trump is doing that x100. Rabbits on steroids.

3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

YF, citing the Journal editorial page is not much in the way of convincing evidence. Try a news story next time.

Lugnuts likes this.
  5. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

It's interesting when you listen to Trump, one of his favorite verbal ticks is to insult someone, say some horrible thing, then try to give himself cover fire by implying that he's merely talking about what people are already talking about. The Khans is a great example.

He probably, maybe she wasn’t allowed to have anything to say. You tell me. But plenty of people have written that. She was extremely quiet. And it looked like she had nothing to say. A lot of people have said that. And personally, I watched him. I wish him the best of luck.

It's a good window into what an undisciplined speaker and thinking he is, because in Trump's eyes, if ANYONE has said something (like, say, The National Enquirer or the dirtiest white supremacist on Twitter) it means that PEOPLE ARE TALKING ABOUT IT. So he'll bring it up, and try to deflect any blame for bringing it up by stretching the truth until it breaks. A lot of people hadn't written that Mrs. Khan couldn't speak that night at the DNC because of Muslim faith. But I bet a bunch of really awful people within the Trump campaign were saying shitty things about it in Trump Tower that night, or wherever the Trumps were watching it unfold. And so to him, that meant everyone was writing and talking about it.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

There's no way. He's a scorched earth type. Double down, be more aggressive , never apologize.

The best you can get is that everyone misunderstood what he meant

7. YankeeFan

The article is reported.

8. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

10. YankeeFan

If Trump had just shut up, maybe Hillary's newest lies would be getting some attention:

11. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

Agree. At some point Clinton is going to have to start talking about a plan to fix things.
    Survey after survey show that a percentage of the voting population feels that the country is headed in the wrong direction and the past 8 years have not been that great.

Frank Bruni made this point in his column yesterday:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/31/opinion/sunday/the-trouble-for-hillary.html

"But Trump has surrendered optimism to Clinton at precisely the moment when it’s a degraded commodity, out of sync with the national mood. That’s surely why he let go of it so readily."

12. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

His empty words and need to dominate (in spite of that) are everywhere. I laughed at this exchange Sunday:

"He's not going into Ukraine, OK, just so you understand. He's not going to go into Ukraine, all right? You can mark it down. You can put it down. You can take it anywhere you want," Trump said in an interview on Sunday with ABC's George Stephanopoulos on "This Week."

"Well, he's already there, isn't he?" Stephanopoulos responded, in a reference to Crimea, which Putin took from Ukraine in early 2014.

Trump said: "OK -- well, he's there in a certain way. But I'm not there. You have Obama there. And frankly, that whole part of the world is a mess under Obama with all the strength that you're talking about and all of the power of NATO and all of this. In the meantime, he's going away. He takes Crimea." ...

"I'm going to take a look at it," he said. "But you know, the people of Crimea, from what I've heard, would rather be with Russia than where they were. And you have to look at that, also ... just so you understand, that was done under Obama's administration."

And this is the standard bullshit bloviating Trump does every day. Sad!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.