1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I'm breathing a little easier after reading the NYT article linked a page or two back, in which we learn pretty much all of the Republican establishment aren't scared of Trump because of what he claims to stand for, but because they believe he is going to get so curbstomped in November they are creating plans to run against or at least away from him. As much as many people detest Karl Rove, he has proven time and again he knows a little something about elections, and when he says Trump will cost his party many elections, well...

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I don't know that he's forced her left in any material ways. He's forced her to undertake embarrassing stints like parading around loose cannons like Lena Dunham and Demi Lovato.

She is very likely going to be the next president. I'd set the chances at 85 percent.

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

She frequently attempts an up-volume, up-tempo thing, usually the final part of her speech, that can make her sound like a bad imitation of FDR rousing the audience to a crescendo.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I dunno, TigerVols. The last time I saw Rove was his meltdown Election Night in 2012, when the Fox anchors had to cut the gloves off him like Eddie Futch shutting down Joe Frazier in the Thrilla in Manila.

TigerVols, Alma and LongTimeListener like this.
  6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Mitch McConnell apparently said that if Trump were to win the nomination he'd drop him "like a hot rock" and that he'd tell colleagues in tight races to distance themselves as well.

Sounds more and more like Republicans won't even run a candidate this election and will instead try to regroup and figure out what's wrong with their marginal-at-best party. In effect, they're being forced to acknowledge there's a populist party of authoritarian nationalists that has overtaken them.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Rove was also spreading manure in 2008.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

With Super Tuesday looming close, it's about time for Trump to stage his false-flag fake asassination atttempt so he can pull a Reagan Resurrection and boost his approval ratings to 85%.

heyabbott likes this.
  9. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Worth pointing out that that's the "projected results if tied nationally" which isn't the case.

Lugnuts and Dick Whitman like this.
  10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Sanders is done. Always has been.

Trump has his side locked up.

This thing is over, Johnny.

TigerVols likes this.
  11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

And yet it's kind of sad to see well respected political reporters and "insiders" still try to hype the thing like it isn't.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Unlike sports reporters, political reporters actually root FOR overtime.

Lugnuts and HanSenSE like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.