1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

In fairness, Joe says this happened months ago, not that he was told months ago. But even if he didn't hear about it until midnight last night, how does that not lead the show instead of getting tossed in as an "oh by the way"? And how does Mr. Anonymous Foreign Policy Muckity Muck not instantly sound the alarm for the good of his country and humanity? (Especially since "months ago" implies there was time to change the course of the primaries.)

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
  3. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Yeah, just from a journalistic perspective, I'm curious what went down here....

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

He's got a strategy! A "secret states" strategy!

PHILIP RUCKER:
    So 98 days, 97 days now. Left in the campaign. How are you going to beat her? Explain the path here. What are the states you win? What are the kind of voters you’re going to bring into your coalition?

TRUMP: I think I’m going to to do great in Ohio, we’re going to do great in Pennsylvania, I think I’m going to do great in Florida and I think I’m going to do great in states that some people aren’t even thinking about. Because I’m different than Republican candidates, than other Republican candidates. I’ve got states that we can win that other Republican candidates wouldn’t even stop over for dinner.

RUCKER: Like what? Like Maine?

TRUMP: Well, I’d rather not say. Because why should I highlight it? But we have some states that I think are very competitive in that no Republican has ever been competitive in. But I’d rather not say what they are.Don’t you agree with that? I’d rather not say what they are.

RUCKER: So you’ll win with the secret state strategy?

TRUMP: No, not the secret state, no. But I have states, and you know this, I have states that no other Republican would do well in that I think I’m gonna win. But I don’t want to name those states.

Trump just said he has a secret plan to win. In reality, he has no strategy.

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Joe Scarborough isn't a journalist so he needs not have journalistic integrity.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  8. MisterCreosote

If this nuke thing really happened, I have a hard time believing it wouldn't have become public within hours of Trump saying it.

Hokie_pokie likes this.
  9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Unless the outlet in question had been under orders to cover up for Trump, no matter how crazy his statements.

And then, apparently, changed their minds.

10. MisterCreosote

I'm not even talking about the media. I agree with dixiehack above - whoever this "foreign policy expert" is would've sounded an alarm immediately.

Hokie_pokie likes this.
  11. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Fortunately, someone will ask Trump about it, and his answer will almost certainly clarify his position and horrify us at the same time.

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

My guess is that his response would be something like: "No, no, I never said that. I never said that. Why would I say that? But, honestly, it's a great question, OK? It's a great question. Why can't we use them? We have them. We made them, we have them, they're sitting there, ready to be used. Why can't we use them? Because some namby pamby politician says so? Because NATO says so? No. NATO's not going to tell us anything until they pay up, OK? Buh-leeve me. But listen, let me tell you, when I'm President, we're going to use them - only if we have to, only if we have to - but we'll use them. These are big things, these nukes, big things. Huge. You know that. But sure, we can use them. Why not? I'm not taking options off the table. Do you think Putin is taking options off the table? That guy, boy, he knows how to be a strong leader, buh-leeve me. And Putin's not taking them off the table. I'm not taking them off the table. I have to tell you, I have this beautiful table in one of my offices - beautiful table, the best. Custom made. Gorgeous. You like a nice a table, I know you do. - But, no, Putin's not taking them off the table and we know that. People are writing about that.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.