1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Seems like disavowing the KKK would be the easiest political layup ever for Trump. Apparently not. This is not a good look.

Donald Trump Declines Three Chances To Disavow David Duke

Trump today:

"Just so you understand. I don't know anything about David Duke, OK? I don't know anything about what you're even talking about with white supremacy or white supremacists. So I don't know. I mean, I don't know -- did he endorse me or what's going on? Because I know nothing about David Duke. I know nothing about white supremacists. And so you're asking me a question that I'm supposed to be talking about people that I know nothing about."

"Well, I have to look at the group. I don’t know what group you’re talking about. You wouldn’t want me to condemn a group that I know nothing about. I’d have to look. If you would send me a list of the groups, I will do research on them and certainly I would disavow if I thought there was something wrong."

2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Trump famously reads and knows everything written about him and knows everything everyone says about him. But not about the fact the KKK, David Duke and white supremacists support him?

Of course, like anything else, this won't hurt him at all.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

4. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Rubio is playing right into his hands.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Tapper: The Ku Klux Klan?

Trump: You may have groups in there that are totally fine and it would be very unfair. So give me a list of the groups and I'll let you know.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Hard pass.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

8. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Can someone help me find another copy of this missing clip? That was great! (It's the Trump wrassling Sobrero-Wearing Aliens one)

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

It was from the Facebook page of a group called "Generation Traditions," and called "Trump defends Iowa."
    I did a quick search for it on YouTube and Google, but the only thing I found was the dead link. Looks like they took it down. Maybe Trump threatened to sue.

Vombatus likes this.
  10. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Serious question: Trump looks like he can't be stopped in the primary at this point short of him killing white babies on live TV. And given the powers that be really don't want Trump at the head of a ticket and some are trying to get the hell away from him and given Hillary isn't the first choice of Republicans and some independents to alternatively support would the GOP run, say, Rubio on an alternative ticket?

You go through the pomp and circumstance of the convention where they dump on Hillary and set up a moderate message that will covertly be anti-Trump. To save face, the GOP war chest goes to Trump (who claims he doesn't need it) but in a back-room deal, the powers that be tell the conservative super PACs to fund Rubio (or whomever that put out there). A moderate Republican will appeal to the independents who don't like either ticket, the Republican voters who say hell no to Trump and fuck no to Hillary and maybe a few others I'm missing.

Yes this is a nuclear option. The GOP would basically have a scortched earth approch to the campaign that could very likely leave them in a full on civil war. Alternatively, it is just crazy enough to work given that it is Hillary and not Joe Biden who is running. Likewise it the GOP would finally confront the Tea Party element of the party and see which is stronger.

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

This is kind of what I'm wondering, too. They've cultivated this element for decades in order to build a vice grip on state-level races. But it's likely to cost them the big prize yet again. It's basically two parties now, or at least heading there. A loose confederation of right-of-center politicians who caucus together.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.