1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

These days? It depends what time I leave or get to work, how mind-numbing the sports talk station is, and how long I can stomach any variation of "liberalism is a mental disorder!", "Obama is a secret muslim who wants to destroy our country!" or whatever random low-information garbage is being served to listeners that day.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Go work on your golf game.

Seriously, he's past the point of no return. If he completely flipped the script and did everything they teach you at politician finishing school, his current supporters would feel betrayed and nobody else would believe it anyway. He's committed to this strategy and his only shot at winning (God forbid) is to see it through. The one thing I would try to break him from doing is criticizing anyone who isn't an elected politician, Obama appointee, political party employee or Supreme Court justice. But it wouldn't take and won't matter.

At least an hour on the golf course is an hour with that damn phone out of his hands.

3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

4. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

And let's not let it get lost that more Republicans (15.3 million) voted for Cruz/Rubio/Kasich than voted for Trump (13.3 million).

RealClearPolitics - 2016 Republican Popular Vote

RickStain likes this.
  5. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

This idea that, if they got him to behave for two months and Gary Johnson and Dr. Fruit Loops took votes only from her, and he somehow squeaked out a plurality of the vote, that it would be ok overlooks one huge thing:

Once he's elected president, he's beholden to NO ONE. There would be literally no incentive for him to listen to anyone. He doesn't really want to do the job; he just wants to win. So his crazy (which is already turned up to 11) would be turned up three more notches. And this is where he'd likely start using various arms of the government to punish his critics and political enemies.

6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Different towns, schmifferent towns:

Trump Tells Virginia Town It’s Failing, Cites the Wrong Place

“You’re doing lousy over here, by the way, I hate to tell you,” he said.

That is empirically false.

He then listed a number of factory closures, including Ball Corp., which was five hours away in Bristol, as far from Loudoun as you can get without leaving the state. And he mentioned the closure of a Smithfield Foods Inc.

“Anybody used to work for Smithfield?” he asked the crowd.

It’s almost certain none of them did. The Smithfield plant that closed was in Hampton Roads, Virginia—three hours from Ashburn, in the southeast corner of the state.

He goes on and on. And doesn't get to any information more relevant to Loudoun County, Va.

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Just how does that play out with checks and balances?

8. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Depends on who holds the other branches of government.

9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Yes, but believing that Congress or the Court is going to let him go completely unchecked, knowing what we know about him, is a bit of a stretch. Even some Republicans have some sense.

Hokie_pokie likes this.
  10. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

That last part is nothing new.

11. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Gotta love someone who has never had kids telling others how to interpret what Trump said to the mom.

12. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

My takeaway here is that a solid 30 percent of the voters on which the GOP depends in a national election are angry, disaffected bigots and racists. You reap what you sow, etc.

I see Trump as the kind of guy who yaps on his cell phone while someone else is hitting.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.