1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I don't understand how trickle down economics came back into vogue so quickly after it was widely derided in the 80s.

We made fun of trickle down.

Then just 20 years later, we slap a new label on it-- Tea Party-- and think it's gonna work ?

Then we have to go through 10 years of "experiments" to learn the same lesson.

I know our collective memory is getting shorter, but we can't remember shit from 20 years ago ?

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
    Donny in his element likes this.
  2. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

It's a theory.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

"I'm hearing Playboy is rigged. It's true. That's what people are saying. Anyway, they don't show the naughty bits in Playboy anymore. Can you believe that? No more naughty bits! I hate to say it, because Hugh Hefner is a dear, dear friend. He's stayed at Mar-A-Lago several times. Loves my hotels. Loves them! But he's ruined that magazine by being politically correct. Believe me, when I'm President Playboy is going to be showing the naughty bits again!"

4. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

And two of those four years fending off a primary challenge in '20.

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

It's been dressed up and given different names, but tax cuts for the wealthy has always been sacrosanct among the GOP establishment. Voters have recently begun to notice, however, that the job creators, despite getting all sorts of breaks and getting richer and richer themselves, haven't really created any jobs.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
  6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

That's not entirely crazy when you look at Dumpf's insistence on what amounts to personal loyalty oaths from everyone in the party: it's almost like he wants to smear everyone in the party so indelibly with his shit-stink there's no possible way they could wash themselves clean in time: if he goes down in flames, so does the entire party.

7. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

The biggest change that needs to happen in our country is the elimination of the super majority -- 60 votes in the Senate -- that is needed to essentially pass meaningful changes. Like, say, calling for a constitutional convention, which is long overdue.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

First off, I'm not saying that Clint is racist. I don't know that I've ever gotten that vibe from him. Born in 1930 in San Franscisco. There was plenty of racism in this country then, even if the winds of change had begun to stir.

Emmitt Till was lynched in 1955. That was the year Rosa Parks refused to go to the back of the bus as well.

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

#Trump32 is trending for a reason.

RealClearPolitics - 2016 Latest Election Polls

Also, check out the NH and PA Senate races; if I'm McConnell, I'm rethinking my stance against the SCOTUS nominee.

Meanwhile, I heard one of the talking heads on Morning Blowjob(tm/Starman) say that the Republicans have accelerated their whining -- they waited until October last go-round to complain about how unbalanced the poll taking is but were already up and at 'em yesterday with the same unfounded complaints.

Lugnuts likes this.
  10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Re: Clint Eastwood

His comments sound a lot like what every old man gripes about. "Things were a lot better back when I was younger!"

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

They're not the Old Angry White Man party for nothing Inky.

12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

My point is anyone pining for the way things were when they were growing up when they were born in 1930 is about as out-of-touch as they come. When this guy was growing up the South still had "coloreds only" drinking fountains. Whites-only baseball ended when this foof was in first grade. When he was a senior in high school college bowl games were telling northern teams not to bring the negro players.

I think the problem a lot of these old crackers have isn't that they're racist or "politically incorrect," they're simply pissed that things aren't what they were. People are a lot more outward about what they are and who they are and these geezers don't like it. Kind of like I'm sure there was a group bitching (probably the church) when Prohibition was repealed. They want the "good old days" back mainly because they recognize them. They don't recognize the world today and they're too old to want to adapt. Well, too bad. I'm positive my grandparents generation found all of the decadence of the 1980s vile. Guess what? No one stopped the march of progress then either.

13. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Well, he certainly wants all of us pussies to stop being offended by racist things. You know, because everyone knew their place in the 19fucking50s.

Like I said: "Political correctness" is the most thinly veiled code ever. It means, if you're not actually racist, at the very least you're a garden-variety flaming asshole.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.