1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

Trump's words yesterday at rally were some of the tightest I've heard.
    Succintly outlines the issues. Maybe someone has gotten him to listen:

"That we are in the midst of crisis is now well understood. Our nation is at war against a far-reaching network of violence and hatred. Our economy is badly weakened, a consequence of greed and irresponsibility on the part of some, but also our collective failure to make hard choices and prepare the nation for a new age. Homes have been lost, jobs shed, businesses shuttered. Our health care is too costly, our schools fail too many -- and each day brings further evidence that the ways we use energy strengthen our adversaries and threaten our planet.
    These are the indicators of crisis, subject to data and statistics. Less measurable, but no less profound, is a sapping of confidence across our land; a nagging fear that America's decline is inevitable, that the next generation must lower its sights.

Today I say to you that the challenges we face are real. They are serious and they are many. They will not be met easily or in a short span of time. But know this America: They will be met.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Even left-leaning publications like Slate and The Atlantic have addressed political correctness on college campuses, and how it is stifling free expression and thought. Most of us were horrified by the Mizzou "safe space" professor, for example.

3. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Goes a long way toward taking the foreign policy/national security club out of Trump' s hand.

4. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

Especially so given that the person they've lined up behind has shown a complete lack of concern
    for national security.

old_tony likes this.
  5. Mr. Sunshine

You're smarter than DD and MC. :)

old_tony likes this.
  6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Wartimers wartime.

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

That "reality" you speak of is often not "reality" at all.

9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

That's not "political correctness." That's "petulant whining/attention whoring."

There's a difference.

10. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Two things:

Fine, Trump.

Tell me your solution to any of these problems. .... something beyond "Believe me!" and "I'm the only one who can fix it!".

Oh yeah ... totally ... there's a sapping of confidence. ... people feel like America is in decline. I wonder why some people feel that way? Oh well. .... go ahead and explain again how America isn't great again.

11. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I'd forgotten what a wonderful inaugural address that was. In retrospect, it underscores the great strides we've made the past eight years.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
  12. Mr. Sunshine

Not if you ignore it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.