1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

I acknowledge the egg on my face ....

Except that when Obama said those words, we were actually in the midst of a vast, global economic collapse.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yes, hard to believe anyone would utter a discouraging word in those heady glory days of 2008-9.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Donald Trump’s new team of billionaire advisers could threaten his populist message

The list includes strikingly few academic policy experts, usually the bread-and-butter of campaign policy teams. Instead, the advisory team of 13 men — and no women — consists largely of personal friends or longtime business associates of Trump. The median net worth of Trump's official economic advisers appears to be at least several hundred million dollars.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Oh, so we're back to "it's okay to screw your daughter if she's really hot."

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
  5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Um, that speech was given in January 2009. We were at the height of the Iraq war (the US lost more than 4,000 soldiers between 2003 and the end of 2008) and the worst of the Great Recession. Things were pretty bleak.

If you'd like to make a case that our current situation is in any way comparable, knock yourself out.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
  6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I wonder what newspapers of note will endorse Trump. All I can think of as probabilities are the NY Post and the Las Vegas Review-Journal. Maybe the Wall St. Journal, but I think Murdoch tries to keep that more upmarket so I can see them diverging from the Post.

7. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I would think Murdoch (especially his more practical sons) would smell a loser and steer clear of a Trump endorsement. Better to offer an endorsement of neither, then spent 4 years whipping up the opposition. A second Clinton presidency will be like a second Christmas to the Post and Journal. And Fox. It's literally the best thing that could happen to conservative media.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The Colorado Springs paper will. The WSJ editorial board is feuding with Trump advocate Sean Hannity right now. The Post will, if only because the News is so anti-Trump.
    PS: Mike Pence just said, "the only poll that counts is the one on Election Day." That's right up there with giving the manager a vote of confidence.

YankeeFan likes this.
  9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

From a business perspective, partisan media should always hope the opposition wins.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Remind me again. Who was it that was in favor of the "Ownership Society?"

12. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.