1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

It's something like that. McMullen, maybe?

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Ha. I forgot his name within five minutes of reading the story. I read that he's a true patriot, though.

YankeeFan likes this.
  3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

40-37? Is YankeeFan theorizing that the two major party candidates are going to account for 77 percent of the total vote?

That gets a big old YankeeFan LOL.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

The silly notion that Trump, outside of the childcare tax cuts that don't help the working class, said something beyond "Hillary bad! Obama bad!" today?

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I don't believe this.

(And I can't do math either, as I thought that left 13% for 3rd party candidates.)

I'm just trying to establish what Dick is predicting when he says Trump gets 37%.

If Trump is at 37%, Clinton has to be over 50%, right?

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

63%. Duh.

LongTimeListener and YankeeFan like this.
  7. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Current 538 data has her winning South Carolina and losing Texas by just 3 points.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/#now

I think we need to wait for some of that "But what if you learned she was hiding seizures? Can I show you this important subreddit that has the proof?" polling, tho.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

My guess is that the Clinton campaign wants as many Republican endorsements as it can get, in an effort to pull over more traditional Republican voters who are not buying Trump. An endorsement from someone like Kissinger runs the risk of pushing away Democratic votes, though.

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Monmouth has Clinton +13 and just for YF that is after likely voter screen. 50-37

LongTimeListener likes this.
  10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I think he takes an ass kicking that falls in somewhere between McGovern and Jimmy Carter. The Republicans will hold a post-mortem, then ignore it and nominate Dana White in 2020.

Double Down likes this.
  11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I would love to meet the Democrat who is up enough on world affairs to know about and have an opinion on Henry Kissinger, and yet still angry/deranged enough to vote for Trump because of that endorsement.

YankeeFan and Double Down like this.
  12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Put me down for Trump 42%. He will probably recover some and I think some of the undecideds are Republicans who will suck it up when faced with a Clinton presidency getting three court nominees.

But this far out with a candidate this unhinged, it is hard to tell. Maybe something unthinkable happens and he recovers, maybe he remains committed to challenging his floors.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.