1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Rubio makes a lot of sense. He's well spoken, and he's well positioned to unite conservatives and establishment types. But, he's going to have to win somewhere, and that doesn't look to be on the horizon.

Bush's SuperPac has spent $20 million beating him up, which hasn't helped.

2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Rubio benefits from the 15% rule. If you don't have 15% of caucusers in your precinct, you have to join another group or leave. The vast majority of also-ran caucusers will gravitate to Rubio.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Isn't that just for Democrats? I thought Republicans did a secret ballot.

4. YankeeFan

That's only a Dem caucus rule -- and, I'm not a know it all, the same thing was pointed out to me here.

The Republican affair doesn't sound nearly as complicated as the Dem process. You have to show up at an appointed time, but you basically just vote once you get there.

5. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

If Rubio finishes ahead of Cruz in South Carolina and wins Nevada, he will be in strong shape for Super Tuesday.

Trump and Cruz will split the angry white male, no college degree, small-town Republican vote. Rubio can grab the suburban mommies, especially those who are a 6 or above.

Rubio is the Republicans' 2008 Obama... thin resume, misses a lot of votes and he's not white.

6. exmediahack

I think once the supporters of the also-rans see they're stuck at 3%, a bunch will flock to Rubio. Otherwise, they'd be at Trump or Cruz already. Huckabee, Carson, the 9 people who still support Santorum, perhaps even Christie backers will want to a candidate by the end of the night who has a chance.

7. exmediahack

And if you're there at 7:01, at least at the Republican sites, they'll usually shut the door and lock it.

8. LongTimeListener

But the also-rans don't see. That's the point. It's a secret ballot on the GOP side.

9. YankeeFan

Trump needs to publicize this! It may have just cemented my vote:

10. exmediahack

But we all see the polls. Why show up and spend an hour for a guy getting 2%?

11. LongTimeListener

Hope you're ready, Canada.

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Rubio leads the polling in one state. One. Minnesota. One.

LongTimeListener likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.