1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

How dare the Democrats highlight the fact that they view Muslims as human beings?

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

There's absolutely zero chance Mateen "just happened to be there" and no one in the campaign knew.

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure Hillary was sending a signal to her ISIS friends.

4. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Sounds like you're panicking now. You should consider blood pressure medication.

Lugnuts likes this.
  5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Following RNC speech, Cruz critics urge McCaul to mount primary challenge - CNNPolitics.com

"A quiet Republican campaign to oust Sen. Ted Cruz in next cycle's Texas primary is unfolding as the conservative firebrand has launched an aggressive effort to keep his seat ahead of another likely run for the White House.

In the wake of Cruz's controversial speech at the party convention where he refused to endorse Donald Trump, the Texas senator's GOP critics believe there could be a new opening for an intraparty challenge. And behind the scenes, GOP donors and Texas politicians have urged Rep. Mike McCaul to consider mounting a bid against him in 2018, according to three sources familiar with the matter. McCaul, a six-term congressman who chairs the House Homeland Security Committee, has not yet deliberated on the matter but has yet to rule out a potential Senate run, according to one source close to his House reelection campaign."

6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Honest question: Do you think he is under the impression he can keep what he does not spend?

7. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

HanSenSE and RickStain like this.
  9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Politics does not add to my stress levels even a little bit.

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

What I heard was that they poll 3,000 people, and 400 of them are the "panel" of the same folks.

Ugh. I'm arguing polls. That's what I get for listening to 15 minutes of Rush on my way to work yesterday. :(

11. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

From a cultural/issues standpoint, they HAD a lot of Hispanics. That's why Rubio was seen as such a great option.

The problem for Rubio was that he was an establishment candidate.

A big segment of the GOP voting block was sick of the establishment's horseshit tactics of obstructionism/gridlock/fillibustering.

Those tactics paved the way for Trump. McConnell's dog-and-pony act completely bit him in the ass.

Then Trump insulted Hispanics !

Imagine a Trump-like candidate (a businessman) who doesn't want to build a wall, doesn't insult Hispanics and women, but still has some of the same positions on trade.

There IS a successful formula there.

12. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

When you open a bag of crazy, you rarely get to choose what's in it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.