1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Heard the same argument in 1980: Vote for John Anderson would give White House to Reagan. But Carter did plenty to lose on his own merits.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Or maybe, just maybe, she fell in love with Bill during law school.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Nah, she knew he was going to be governor, then president.

She was talking to the central planners who also faked Obama's birth notice in the Hawaiian newspaper.

4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Truth be told, you're going to write it off as "sexist bullshit" regardless. But:

She's arrogant and thinks she's above the law.

She's too good a liar.

She's in bed with Wall Street, which is filled with other people I don't like.

She's cold and calculating, especially to other women who have tried to cross her or her husband.

She's power-hungry in a different, all-consuming way than your run-of-the-mill politician.

Is she MORE unlikeable than anyone else in the race? It's a toss-up with a few. But are we really going to argue that it's not true when it comes to her?

A lot of Democrats who are voting for her
    don't even like her.

5. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

That likely includes me. But how is she different from the rest of the power hungry politicians? Well, she's not

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Who are you voting for, MC?

7. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Clinton effectively put her office as Secretary of State up for sale.
    There is no depth she won't plumb, no cave or rock she'll leave unexplored.
    Our founders warned us about people like Hillary Rodham Clinton.

old_tony and Batman like this.
  8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Actually, if Trump is the nominee, I will vote for Hillary.

My overall point stands, but I will concede that she's more likable than by far the worst and most ill-suited presidential candidate in American history.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
  9. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Bill Clinton was an up and comer from day one. Got Arkansas Gov office at 32, regained it at 36.

They are Frank and Claire Underwood in so many ways. I come from an odd perspective as I have had immediate family in Little Rock since about 1980 and followed the Clintons' journey pretty close (the social and business circles were very small back then).

About as much of a business arrangement as one could ask for from a political couple and it's worked out quite well for them.

If it wasn't an arrangement, Hillary would have left him after about the sixth or seventh woman.

10. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

It's certainly not sexism for me; I've voted for female presidential candidates before. And I might this year, too (see previous Green Party post).

Hillary is certainly more experienced than Trump, but she's also backed by the usual Wall Street power brokers. Mock Bernie all you want, but at least his views/positions aren't bought and paid for.

11. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Media tweet: "After 48 hours of KKK/David Duke stories,
    Trump campaign positions 5 African-Americans directly behind him in GA as he speaks."

12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Do you seriously watch her in speeches and interviews and think, "she seems likeable?" As much as I detest the Karl Rove, "have a beer with them," discussion, it's relevant since we are talking about likability. Would you want to have a beer with this woman? Is there anything about this person that leads you to believe you might want to have a conversation with them about anything? I thought Bush was a fake robot hick, but I'll bet he would have been fun conversation at a Texas Roadhouse with some sirloins. Same goes for Biden, Bernie and even Trump. But her, with that assistant principal monotone?

As much as I hated Bubba and the Boomer generation's complete and total dick riding of him, the man had charisma and presence, which easily explains how he can pull so much ass. She, on the other hand, come across as a battle axe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.