1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Best nicknames in the business, folks!

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The second is the only amendment of which most Trump voters can name the contents or the general subject matter. This, of course, is not to suggest that Clinton's are appreciably better. They're not. But I would love to see a civics quiz including in exit polling. The results wouldn't make either side look good.

3. tapintoamerica

Start it. I'll add to it. Got a couple in mind.

Neutral Corner and old_tony like this.
  4. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  5. tapintoamerica

If you're the Clinton camp, you don't really want the Secret Service to interview Trump, do you? Rhetorically and legally, he's got the sort of wiggle room that an average Joe (The Plumber) wouldn't have. And if you pester Trump, you let him play the victim card. And there's the possibility he'd stop with the comments, and Clinton benefits every time Trump lets the freak flag fly.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  6. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

I don't know. I've shrugged off most of what Trump has said with the "Trump being Trump" attitude, and I've snickered every time I've heard "This is the thing that's going to do him in!" This time, though, I'm a bit surprised the outrage is as muted as it seems to be. This was clearly over the line.

7. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

If I'm Paul Ryan or Mitch McConnell, I go home tonight to Mrs. Ryan or Mrs. McConnell...

And in the still of the silent dark night when everyone's in bed and all the phones and electronic devices are off....

When the door is shut and the house alarm is set...

And as their heads rest on their pillows, say very quietly to their wives:

"I endorsed this fool."

"If something happens to Hillary, what have I done?"

"What happens to me, and what happens to our family?"

8. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

9. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Trump made an incredibly stupid statement, but that statement in and of itself isn't grounds for legal action. A visit by the FBI would only give the Trump campaign more crap to toss.

If folks don't know what sort of a candidate Trump is by now, it's their own fault.

10. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Never said I did. Trump shits the bed daily.

11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I suppose it'll have to be on the Anything Goes board.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

No actually, if it was somebody off the street, you'd drag him down to the nearest federal courthouse in cuffs, and you'd book him on suspicion of making a terroristic threat against a presidential candidate and against Supreme Court justices.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.