1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I agree that you have been.

2. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Yes, I would have voted for Mitt Romney over HRC, and wouldn't even have had to hold my nose. I would also have voted for the 2000 John McCain over HRC.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

OK. Romney's a bad example. People here like him.

What if you could substitute Marco Rubio, but he was guaranteed victory.

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

If Mitt Romney were the nominee THIS TIME AROUND and his opposition was Herself, we would hear far less of this "Sure, she's bad/compromised/etc." sackcloth and ashes shit from Democrats. The message/tone would be far closer to that of @cranberry ...

YankeeFan and Mr. Sunshine like this.
  5. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Exactly how am I full of shit?

Romney the Governor of Massachusetts was a moderate Republican willing to cross the aisle for pragmatic solutions. Those are the politicians I vote for.

Romney the Candidate was beholden to the talk-radio conservatives who demanded he prove he wasn't a RINO.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

People here like Romney. LOL.

If only we still had the archives from the 2012 and 2008 campaigns.

Hokie_pokie likes this.
  7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I voted for Kasich in the primary. I'd have likely done so in the general instead of planning to vote for Gary Johnson.

8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

mutatis mutandis, vide supra

This one goes out to you, @Riptide ...

9. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

I just mean in general. :) It wasn't a political comment. But I was complimenting you in regard to being honest about the hypothetical. Anybody can say they'd do X if Y was the case, but that kind of statement is almost always self-serving bullshit.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

That's twice you've tried to give YF this easy out. Don't do it. He's no tragic hostage to his party. YF wants Muslims to renounce their religion or be removed, and he wants all of America to hate them as much as he does. Trump is his dream candidate in that regard.

Donny in his element likes this.
  11. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

My biggest fear about the Trump candidacy is that by comparison he makes clowns like Paul Ryan and Marco Rubio seem middle of the road.

Smallpotatoes and YankeeFan like this.
  12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I want it to be someone who board Democrats admittedly would not vote for over HRC. Where is that line, where a guaranteed Marco Rubio/Ted Cruz/Scott Walker presidency is acceptable over the 20 percent chance of a Trump presidency?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.