1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Then my work here is done.

Riptide and JC like this.
  2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

3. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

So the moral of the story is that if you criticize a politician for something, at some point a politician you support had probably done the same thing and you shouldn't criticize one without criticizing the other?

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

You're doing that thing where you pretend to be so smart that you can't understand simple concepts.

Clinton was in the middle of running a racially tinged campaign, where she portrayed her opponent as "different", while appealing to "white working class voters".

She knew very well that by raising the RFK assassination, that she was putting a bug in the head of her most racist supporters.

This was at a time when she was increasingly being pushed to justify her continued presence in the campaign. She was prepared for the question. This was her prepared answer.

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

And her prepared answer isn't what you want it to be.

6. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Nah. I don't buy that.

One is saying-- hey-- you never know, someone could assassinate him and I need to be here in case that happens.

The other one is saying-- hey-- maybe gun owners can assassinate her and solve their own problem.

Kinda both awful.

7. RickStain

A reminder that LV screens aren't unidirectional like some wanted to believe:

Marquette law school Wisconsin poll. Clinton +10 among RV, +15 among LV.

8. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

He who criticizes first, wins.

9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Jesus. I don't know why I'm bothering, with facts being so effectively ignored by an entire party these days, but:

I plainly stated I would've voted for Rubio, Jeb!, Kasich, a pre-eunuch Christie, or Paul Ryan over Hillary.

I'd have even considered Rand Paul before he went all anti-vaxxer.

I would've supported Jim Webb over Hillary if he hadn't dropped out before my state's primary, and before he turned into a quasi-Trump supporter.

10. RickStain

There are no Republicans I would support over Clinton.

There are a ton of Republicans I would support over a mentally ill rambling idiot with only a tenuous connection to liberal values, if one slipped through the cracks and were nominated.

Double Down, Lugnuts and cranberry like this.
  11. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

That's pretty shitty ...

Hokie_pokie and Vombatus like this.
  12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

It's the po-mo approach ... What might be inferred from what the Bad Guy says becomes What He Was Actually Saying ... but we can't run the Good Gal's words through the same filter because Nuance! Hypocrisy Happens!

Hokie_pokie likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.