1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Don't care. Trump will be there. He's trailing. He has to be.

2. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

That's not what I asked.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Or, ya know, it won't be. You have an opinion about what it might be. Your opinion could be wrong.

But even if everything is great, you'll never admit it. You can't get over your hatred of everything Clinton.

jr/shotglass and Baron Scicluna like this.
  5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It is very clear that to many, the country is in terrible shape simply because Republicans don't have total power. They are uncomfortable with the idea others disagree with them. They are shattered by the idea they might be the minority.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The right wing has become the party of whiners, criers, complainers and bitchy little pricks. Did the entire Republican Party get their periods at the same time?

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

In 1992, Rush Limbaugh released "The Way Things Ought To Be." He would say every day that he was working on a follow-up called "See, I Told You So." He released that book in 1993.

So in 12 to 18 months he predicted national ruin and then apparently saw it come to fruition. That has been the mindset of that crowd ever since.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Has anyone asked Reince Preibus about the comment?

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

If you had any shred of credibility left, you lost it when you claimed that Morning Joe is equivalent to CNN.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Yet another dodge. Somebody lied, Trump or the NFL. Which one lied?

11. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Fox News is to blame for a lot of the whining.

Retirees and other conservatives keep it on all day, and just start bitching about the horrible world around us.

My parents used to be upbeat, glass-half-full people. Then they retired and turned on Fox News.

My dad now claims the world is more fucked up than it's ever been. Worse than WWII, worse than Vietnam, worse than the Cold War when we built bomb shelters out of fear.

This, despite the fact that he lives in a lovely house in Charleston with his wife of 50 years, wants for nothing, has all his medical expenses taken care of by Medicare, continues to work part time in a fulfilling career, lives near his sisters who dote on him, has 5 amazing healthy grandchildren, 2 kids who are married and doing well, including a son who's a surgeon... 2 amazing dogs...

I mean WTF.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

When you get closer to the reality the world will go merrily along without you in it, the idea that it's going to hell at a fast pace is an appealing fantasy.

TowelWaver likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.