1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So people don't like Hillary because she's cold and calculating and will fiendishly do what the people want instead of what's really in that cold heart of hers?

I can live with that.

WriteThinking and cranberry like this.
  2. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

So THAT'S what you did for six weeks after Romney lost.

And then the next 38 months, too.

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

After Hillary's performance in defending her husband by trashing the women he assaulted, I think Battle Axe fits just fine. You may like defenders and enablers of rapists more than me.

4. Riptide

5. old_tony

And the inherent bias of liberals is to call people who don't agree with them "racists," because they can't debate on the facts.

6. old_tony

Nearly everything she's ever said has turned out to be a bald-faced lie.

That good enough?

7. old_tony

Most men don't have rapists for a spouse.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I have certainly said so, pretty much in so many words. If Trump is the nominee, I'll vote for Hillary.

It's not like I was ever going to have a beer with her anyway, but she comes off as cold and calculating, overly ambitious, and less than trustworthy. That's not a powerful female criticism, frankly, I don't care squat about that. It's just the vibe she puts off combined with watching her through the years. Her inner circle says she's really warm and caring, but no one outside of them seems to believe it. She's simply not a natural politician. She does not have the common touch.

That said, she's been a policy wonk for years. So is her husband. She's come up through the middle of some very testing things thrown at her by the other party, and she has endured and basically beaten everything they tried. She's been SecState and a Senator. I think that she has a genuine respect for government - not that I'm not cynical about how that might get bent.

The thing is that Trump is a bully, a blowhard, and he's not willing to listen when he's told he's wrong. When he's caught out he just lies and expects no one to say so, and if they do he brazens it out some more. Putin will eat him for lunch. I shudder to think what his mouth will do to diplomacy. Something like the China/Taiwan relationship, where using literally one wrong word in describing Taiwan can cause a diplomatic incident with China, I have zero trust that Trump won't just blow things wide open out of arrogance and not being willing to study.

I don't like Clinton much, never really have, but if it's her or Trump she's got lesser evil written all over her. Not that the Republicans won't shit a squealing worm and amp up the refusal to cooperate with anything that comes out of the White House. If there's anyone they hate more than Obama it's Hillary.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
  9. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I firmly believe that Republicans in Congress will never work with any Democrats for the foreseeable future.

10. Riptide

Time to send in the Battle Axe, then ...

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Most American political parties don't threaten to prosecute rape victims for perjury.

12. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Most presumptive nominees don't speculate in health-care industry futures while overseeing reform of the same.
    HRC is the Aaron Burr of our time.

Vombatus likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.