1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Not the kind of bedroom poster I'd choose, but as long as you're happy with it.

Donny in his element likes this.
  2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

That kind of thing is really offensive, isn't it?

Hokie_pokie likes this.
  3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Yeah. Stupid meme.

4. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Would never own such a poster. Uninspired font choice.

5. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

The Helvetica you say!

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Felix. Did not know that. Would have guessed Fuhrer.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

It is a lie. Some people feel the need to lie because they are intellectually inadequate and the world refuses to square with their prejudices. Those people really like to make memes.

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

It's not "like" he does that. He does that. He's a businessman. I kinda/sorta expect them to be situational ethicists.

He has no idea what he's saying or doing. He's making it up as he goes along. He grabs onto whatever floating piece of wood there is in a river of rhetoric. The one night he stayed on schedule - at the convention - he basically told a nightmare story that would have made il Duce proud. It was Howard Beale railing on TV about the death of Edward Ruddy. Honestly, it was like listening to Sanders.

So Trump went back to himself, which is batshit, troll-prone, big-mouthed foolishness.

You have a political party absolutely paralyzed by self-interest and pride. A party that simply cannot admit it has been lying to its voting bloc for many years, and it's time to stop doing that. In order to run Trump - and in order to avoid him in the future - it has to disavow his and its old metholodogy.

Have you ever that conversation with somebody where they say "I thought about admitting I did X 1,000 times." I believe that. I believe that about this party, too. It simply hasn't been able to do it yet. It'll be good when it does. For the party and for its voters. It has to step back from the edge and say "OK, look, we wound you up, we're sorry, the nation is different, we get it, we have to stop treating the other side like, you know, the founders of all things hellish on Earth."

But that takes courage. I'm not sure they're there yet. There are a few who reject Trump, but they're not much better; all they want is thinktank, Cruzian politics, which is worse, which the same old shit.

Trump revealed how little the party stands for outside of making money off hate and disgust. Had Sanders made it to the final, that would have said terrible things about the Democratic Party, too. In reality, hell yes the DNC made it hard on him, and as corrupt as it might seem, ultimately it produced a better candidate than a grump peddling unicorn government.

Ace, Lugnuts, HanSenSE and 4 others like this.
  10. Mr. Sunshine

WHAT? I found it on the Internet.

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

All they have to do to avoid Trump is find a way for party leaders to get a firmer grip on the establishment candidates early enough to winnow it down to one in time, and stop doing winner-take-all states early.

Then they can go right back to dog whistling.

12. Mr. Sunshine

Especially since they've spent decades starving children, denying minorities a living wage and letting the elderly waste away.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.