1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Must have been one awesome handshake line afterward with the pedophile ex-representative.

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

There's a few here that will.

HanSenSE likes this.
  3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I almost felt sorry for picking on you ... until that last sentence.

[​IMG]

:)

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The age argument is flawed. Generally, people become more conservative as they age. Today's Fox News viewers -- more of them than we realize -- were once hippies. The market share of angry old people will always be with us.

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

There were never all that many hippies. Fox viewers may have once been rock and rollers who smoked dope, but that's not being a hippie.

The viewpoints of old people vary a great deal generationally, as well as being affected by economic/social status and education.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

"You love Russia, you're Putin's bitch."

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I'm glad to see 1974 pages of political discussion; political apathy is not here; however I'd like to point out the vast majority of comments are about inane things:

She lied about an email server;
    She's taken money from Wall Street for speeches;

Where's the real beef? The real things that show she's unqualified?

The email server is something that she's ultimately responsible for but we all know she's not worrying about the server; she's probably smart enough to know that a private server was MORE SECURE than the govt one at that time (wiki leaks)

Did she disparage a disabled reporter?
    Did she demonize a religion?

IMHO those are substantive disqualifiers.

HanSenSE and jr/shotglass like this.
  8. jr/shotglass

Been my take on it from the start.

9. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Cool story, bros.

10. jr/shotglass

Whatever that means.

11. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Especially if she'd wiped it with a soft cloth ...

old_tony and Mr. Sunshine like this.
  12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

No, I don't.

I do believe he's the fullest realization of bile, disgust and relentless hatred spewed by right-wing media, especially Fox News and talk radio, that the party embraces for the sake of personal self-interest and winning down ticket elections.

And I do believe the typical Republican puts up with this part of their party because it serves a purpose.

And I do believe it produced a most ugly primary that some Republicans - even, say, your typical ones - don't want to answer for or take any responsibility for, because Trump isn't "my" candidate. Well, yes, he sure as shit is. The party couldn't stop him. The party figured it'd be better for a professional asswipe like Ted Cruz to take him out, only Cruz, Mr "Lucifer in the Flesh" himself, is so terrifically awful, so objectionable, that voters couldn't bring themselves to vote for him. It was a dreadful calculation, the mark of a party that does not know how to move forward because it must make concessions to the misery machine that got them there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.