1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

She might pardon Peltier.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

If Hillary wasn't running for president, it'd have been forgotten about by now. Just like the 13 other attacks which killed 60 during the Bush admininstration.

3. Baron Scicluna

This.

4. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Well there was the election of 1820, in which the Federalists couldn't come up with a nominee at all (they did come up with a guy for VP)....

Nah, you're right, Trump is the least qualified.

5. Baron Scicluna

All these quotes either were five years before the invasion, in which situations can change greatly during that time, or were based upon the falsified information that Bush gave them. Shame on them for believing the President of the United States.

6. Baron Scicluna

The Germans would never have attacked Pearl Harbor if it wasn't for Obama.

Smallpotatoes, Killick and HanSenSE like this.
  7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Your earlier post seemed to imply that evangelicals shouldn't compromise when it comes to supporting a presidential nominee.

I asked you about Bernie supporters, and got some nonsensical answer.

So, again, who should Bernie primary voters support in the general election?

8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I wouldn't even be able to name someone I considered a "hawk" who would be considered for a cabinet level post. Michèle Flournoy seems like the front runner for defense, a lot of folks think Kerry will stay on as SOS. Thomas Perez as attorney general makes sense. Sheryl Sandberg for treasury maybe?She's been open about trying to have a cabinet that's 50 pct. female.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
  9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

You missed an accent mark there ... It's vis-à-vis. Don't expect me to keep bailing you out of these disasters ...

10. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

So ... if you count up the states where Clinton holds a 10 point lead (or more), it gives her 263 electoral votes.

2016 TPM Electoral Scoreboard

11. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

No disrespect to what Sandberg's accomplished... but I don't think that's a great idea.

Panetta and his friends, who are tight with HRC, have made some hawkish comments lately, particularly about Syria.

12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Those of you who call HRC a "hawk" apparently readily forget the true hawks like Wolfowitz, Cheney, Haig who got upset at the slightest hint and wanted to walk around the world making sure every toe'd the American line.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.