1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I sleep fine. I'm not a member of the party that nominated Hillary.

2. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

"The (president) is terrible and is to blame for everything." Yeah, that seems like the dumbest line of attack possible.

3. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I'm sure it seems really smart in an echo chamber of anger and white nationalism. It doesn't seem to be working all that well in a country where the president has a 53 percent approval rating. But to each their own.

4. Double Down

By the way, it's tied in Indiana. So that whole "Blame the President, who is obviously terrible" strategy is killing it.

5. Mr. Sunshine

I stand corrected. You're not thoughtful. Just another parrot. "Echo Chamber of anger and white nationalism"? You're basically plagiarizing cranberry's post from a few pages back.

I would have thought you, of all people, wouldn't have had to rely on knee-jerk buzzwords and repetitious language.

I'm a little sad.

6. Mr. Sunshine

It's a dumb strategy. It has been since 2001. That was my point.

7. Double Down

I misunderstood. But it is an echo chamber of anger and white nationalism. That drives an enormous amount of his support. It's not misrepresenting who he is, it's basically reading from his campaign literature.

I have been open about I would be really interested in seeing a candidate that was "Trump, minus racism and insane conspiracy theories" because the economic anxieties are fair and real. And I have been completley open about my frustration with snotty Beltway liberals condescending toward people who grew up without the same privlidge they did.

But this whole "We cannot be POLITICALLY CORRECT ANYMORE" bullshit is just bigotry masked as tough guy nonsense. You can't remove that from Trump because that's the genesis of his campaign.

X-Hack likes this.
  8. Mr. Sunshine

Fair enough.

9. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

DD, what do you think of Hogan here in MD?

10. Double Down

I'd like to take back everything I said about Katrina Pierson being smarter than she presents after seeing this tweet, thanks.

Lugnuts likes this.
  11. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

But she didn't just fail at "defending Trump's buffoonery" here, instead she gave us her own independent buffoonery on a shocking scale.

To say "remember, we were not yet even in Afghanistan" when Obama took office is such a startlingly ignorant statement for someone in her position that it defies belief. I don't expect the nominee spokesperson to have a historian's knowledge of historical details, but she sure as fuck better have a rough idea of when the absolute biggest most important world-shaping events in recent history occurred--and our invasion of Afghanistan beginning in late 01 (and not sometime around 09 as Pierson seems to think) sure as hell counts as that.

Her backstory is nice, but neither that nor the fact that her job is to defend Trump mitigates the jaw-dropping ignorance she revealed in that interview.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
    LongTimeListener and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  12. Mr. Sunshine

At least she's consistent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.