1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Let me know when Trump expresses regret for anything he says and unveils an agenda to undo some of the things he previously believed.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

But the for profit insurance companies have to pay 85 cents of every dollar they take in back out in claims. That leaves 15 cents to pay salaries, maintain the fax machine and whatever else.

It also has forced insurance companies to push "wellness" to lower costs. They encourage their members to be healthier, get the tests, screenings and follow up care they need.

That's a win for both, I think. And the insurance companies (like journalists) are always the bad guy, but they are they only entity in health care trying to keep prices down (because they have to if they want to survive).

3. MisterCreosote

Speaking of which: Chris Christie = bitch.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I can't say that I agree with the Democrat who said that Trump made the "textbook definition of a racist comment." The comment, coming from someone who was never going to endorse or vote for Trump anyway, was laughable.

YankeeFan likes this.
  5. MisterCreosote

But the "wellness" push isn't going to work for some time, if only because of the negligence a lot of people were forced into for so long.

I'm not weeping for insurance companies having to pay out that much. They should've been doing it all along. Instead, they held out on doing so until the federal government guaranteed everyone in America would have to pay them.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Wait, Breitbart's CEO is running Trump's campaign now!?! LOL!

Also ...

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yeah, the system has been screwed up for a long time. People have had no incentive to consider the cost of their medical care if they had good insurance and a $20 co pay or whatever.

8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

OK, let's connect some of the historic dots: HRC, in support of a 1994 crime bill that was very popular with African-American leaders at the time, was referencing an unprecedented increase in gang violence in the late 1980s and early 1990 that was caused in large part by a crack epidemic that had been fueled by CIA-sponsored drug trafficking by the Contras in Nicaragua during the Reagan administration. At the height of the epidemic, some 70 percent of people being arrested in Los Angeles and New York were testing positive for crack. And since you assume she was speaking about African-Americans when she used the term "super predators," it's fair to ask: Were the gangs predominantly black? Yes. And were the victims overwhelmingly black? Yes. Now, can you look back and say the crime bill, which drew strong bipartisan support at the time, contributed to the incarceration of a disproportionately large number of African-American non-violent offenders? Yes.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
  9. MisterCreosote

"I don't agree with a single thing he says or does or stands for, but he's got my vote!"

YankeeFan likes this.
  10. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

This is why health care shouldn't be subject to the whims of the "free market." Insurance companies ARE NOT "competing" for your business. Increasingly, they're competing to NOT have your business. Try getting a homeowner's policy in Florida, or car insurance for your teen. The price is not "higher by the amount of the commensurate risk"; it's higher by "orders of magnitude." And more and more companies simply won't write policies at all. Single-payer is the ONLY way, folks, but unfortunately, those who have influence will never get sick enough and be poor enough at the same time to truly understand that.

11. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I read this immediately after the posts above it and thought we were still talking about adultery. And you know, it kind of worked.

HanSenSE, old_tony, SpeedTchr and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.