1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

There's a lot of room between "publicly condemn her husband" and "go nuclear re: any/all of his accusers." But, sure, I'm sure her beliefs re: "genuine victims of sexual assault" are just fine. Her (apparently) working definition of a "genuine victim of sexual assault" as "someone accusing someone other than my husband" leaves a bit to be desired, though.

That's why I'm wavering in my support for him.

Hokie_pokie likes this.
  2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Lugnuts likes this.
  3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

She was an active participant in the campaign to destroy these women's credibility.

That's not some neutral stance, where she simply didn't publicly condem him.

Hokie_pokie likes this.
  4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

How many times has Hillary been accused under oath of brutally hate-raping her ex-spouse?

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

She likely felt that some were worthy of condemnation. Maybe she was right?

7. Dick Whitman

Paula Jones' idiot husband certainly was.

8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Hmmmmm ... Last I checked, "some" implies "not all" ...

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Well, Trump married one of Bill's alleged mistresses, so he's right smack dab in the middle of this as well.

Lugnuts and HanSenSE like this.
  10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Right. "Some" was the word I selected. And while it implies "not all" it certainly doesn't imply agreement with the accusations of others about which she may have remained silent.

FYI, for the purpose of this thread, my use of the word "some" should also imply I didn't keep a scorecard and I'm not about to go back and research all the various accusations that were made and weigh their potential veracity with consideration of the political motivations behind them.

In short, I stopped giving a fuck somewhere around the turn of the millennium.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
  11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, but you can't pretend to be concerned about rape culture, and women's rights, and not think the Clintons contributed to the former and robbed Bill's victims of the latter.

Hokie_pokie likes this.
  12. Dick Whitman

Alleged victims.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.