1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

That'd be unseemly ...

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Have you been enjoying digging through my posts from 2007?

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Plenty of daylight between the candidates' positions on helping this demographic. One of them (HRC) knows globalization isn't going away and has plans that would support and retrain workers and the other (Trump) is cynically suggesting he can reverse globalization by imposing taxes and tariffs that will bring their old unskilled jobs back.

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Wouldn't wish that punishment on anyone. Just needed the joined date for a reference. Doubt you've added new material since then.

5. doctorquant

I was talking about you ...

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  6. cranberry

You're wrong in your suggestion in your suggestion there's a position I share with Trump. I'm 100 percent in favor of negotiating strong trade agreements that will promote growth and improved environmental and labor standards. I view it as the only way forward.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
  7. doctorquant

I'll make it simple: Quit cracking on a party's targeting "angry white men who want their factory jobs back" when: A) you've got your nose two feet up the ass of a candidate who's doing just that; and B) you argue that such targeting is smart politics in this day and age.

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  8. cranberry

"Targeting" them with entirely different messages and positions, as I pointed out. Please learn to read better.

9. doctorquant

If you'd be so kind, would you point out another way one might read the following excerpts?

10. cranberry

It was a description (in a post a couple pages back) of the loose coalition of disparate interest groups of which the GOP has comprised itself the past couple decades. Here it is in fuller context:

Do you have a point?

11. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

12. cranberry

HanSenSE and Inky_Wretch like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.