1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

We do not pay ransom,” Mr. Obama said on Aug. 4. “We didn’t here and we won’t in the future.”

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Yeah, yeah, yeah ... You know damn good and well that ain't it.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Just watch this for a few minutes to forget everything you ever thought you knew about this election.

Lugnuts likes this.
  4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

No I don't. In fact, I'm tired of trying to guess exactly what it is you're trying to get at. Why don't you just spit it out?

6. doctorquant

Quit being disingenuous ... "I will say 'no' to new trade agreements unless they create American jobs, raise wages and improve our national security." If that's not a cynical play re: free trade, then she's even more economically illiterate than I'd imagined.

old_tony likes this.
  7. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Clinton should focus on "coal to code." She could go all-in on telling middle-aged coal miners that they can become high-earning coders through a government program.

SpeedTchr and Lugnuts like this.
  8. doctorquant

I hear that's a hot catch-phrase among the "farm to table" set ...

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Free trade is a two-way street. Some jobs get shipped out, some new ones are created. Why shouldn't we expect to improve on our $2 trillion in exports? Some of the best jobs the country producers are from our leading exporters and there's room to grow.

Here's what she actually said:

"Any trade deal has to produce jobs and raise wages and increase prosperity and protect our security. We have to do our part in making sure we have the capabilities and the skills to be competitive. It's got to be really a partnership between our business, our government, our workforce, the intellectual property that comes out of our universities, and we have to get back to a much more focused effort in my opinion to try to produce those capacities here at home so that we can be competitive in a global economy."

Doesn't sound like crazy talk to me.

10. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

It's not crazy talk. It's just mush. A broad outline of what she thinks should happen without any concrete proposals.

Lugnuts likes this.
  11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Pledging more farm-to-table is a landslide campaign just waiting to be run.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.