1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

True, but plenty that's "not unfair" is pretty fucking trashy ...

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Given your self-appointed role as media watchdog, you should have a problem with something like that, but I'm not surprised at the hypocrisy on your part given the circumstances.

3. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I don't mind the health stuff because I think it's legit to ask. She seems pretty healthy, so it just makes him look desperate.

I think she should question his health.

The NY Times reported that he eats McDonald's for most of his meals... Super Size Me, anyone ???... He hasn't been seen out of his jacket in ... What?... About a year ? He reportedly wouldn't let his second wife see him naked....

I would bet he hasn't seen his feet in awhile.

With that gut and those eating habits, he's probably a ticking time bomb.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Sure. But, the Dems have been lulled into thinking that only one side will play these games.

So, Elizabeth Warren accuses Trump of financial shenanigans on twitter, and she's celebrated for bringing the fight to Trump; for getting under his skin; for getting him off message; for getting him to take the bait.

Trump is accused of being Putin's pawn (after he was previously mocked for inflating his relationship with Putin) and, instead of declaring the charge to be outrageous, the media joins in, amplifying the charge.

Only when a Dem is accused of something, does the story become the outrageousness of the charge, and does the media spend their time batting down the charge.

5. outofplace

There is actual evidence supporting the stuff with Putin.

That is not even close to what was done with Clinton's "seizure."

But the truth is, you abandon your self-appointed role of media watchdog when you like the story.

6. YankeeFan

I think that's completely legitimate.

Instead they've spent their time calling him racist, homophobic, and misogynistic.

They've called him a pawn of Putin. They've literally accused him of treason, for leaking classified information (before he had begun receiving classified briefings).

They called him a rapist.

They accused him of criminality in his business dealings.

They accused him of being a draft dodger.

And, I'm sure I'm leaving some out.

7. YankeeFan

What's the evidence of Trump's relationship to Putin?

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

By "they," you must mean Ivana Trump.

FileNotFound and doctorquant like this.
  9. outofplace

Actually, wasn't it one of his ex-wives who called him a rapist?

You are tossing this stuff out there as if it was manufactured, much like the seizure, when there is actual evidence to back up at least some of these accusations. Also, I know it is convenient for you to lump all media you don't like together, but in many cases these are coming from separate entities.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Y'all leave the Hero of Louisiana and the guy wanting to free the blacks alone.

11. YankeeFan

No. Ivana specifically said he was not a rapist. And, only he and she would know the truth.

That didn't stop some from trying to make an issue of it. (While, at the same time demanding that Bill Clinton's long history of sexual assault, and Hillary's role in destroying his victims, be off limits.)

old_tony likes this.
  12. outofplace

That has already been presented all over this thread, YF. I'm not playing your game on this one.

HanSenSE likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.