1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Seriously guys. We all learned in high school that the key to enlightened political discussion is Twitter posts and deflecting accusations to the opposing side. Get on his level or get out.

jr/shotglass and Baron Scicluna like this.
  2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Add in some racist memes and threats of secession and it's like a Trump campaign staffer.

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Well, he's got some, you know, "Russian" business dealings.

Just like anybody who has, you know, "American" business dealings means they have a "relationship" to Obama.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Now Trump just wants a "fair immigration policy." He's walking back the wall, the deportation force, etc. Basically the reasons he was nominated in the first place.

I have to guess that part of this is in advance of the debate, because she would have been able to paint his prior ideas as impractical.

7. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Made a bet with a friend this weekend that Trump wouldn't make it to Nov. 8 and got 5-1 odds. For those interested in gambling on politics, how did I do?

8. Dick Whitman

He's gone this far and he's 4-5 points behind against a walking scandal time bomb. Why wouldn't he make it? I think you got hosed.

YankeeFan likes this.
  9. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Damn. I was thinking that there's a chance he bows out to save face, claiming the election was rigged, than lose in a landslide (electorally speaking), which seems more and more likely. Plus, getting 5-1 on my money felt worth the risk.

The friend I made the bet with said it wouldn't because "something like that has never happened before." I responded, "you're right, because this election has been just like all the other ones."

10. Dick Whitman

He plays the, "I'm a winner" cartoon character on TV, but I suspect he will concede surprisingly gracefully, if indeed she defeats him. Trump enjoys the fight, but I think that, deep down, he's shocked he's gotten this far. He's trying to become a real candidate right now and win or lose with dignity, with some occasional relapses. (Like outing Joe and Mika today.)

And, again, he's losing by 4-5 points. That's surmountable.

11. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I get it. "Both sides do it."
    For anything I could point out about Trump and his supporters, you can point out something that Hillary or Obama and her or his supporters have done that's more or less similar.
    So let's take that off the table.
    Do you have any other defenses for any of these things?
    IF you don't, STFU.
    And God help you if you ever ridicule me again.

12. Dick Whitman

Can't you just call him "YankeeDork" or something and call it a day instead of lobbing threats over the Internet? Jeezus.

Hokie_pokie likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.