1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

C'mon ... Give the guy a little credit. That's a pretty good line.

old_tony likes this.
  2. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Nobody tell Tony that he can get the internet on his phone now. He may never leave the bar.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

This bit in bold is some serious, delusional, drunk on the Kool-Aid bullshit.

The rest of your post doesn't even come close to countering my point. I don't care of Trump has always done things this way, it is still bullshit cover for his more ridiculous statements a handy excuse to be used when he crosses a line or pisses off too many people. It is a hiding place he goes to when he tries to sell an idea and realizes he can't get away with it. Kind of like what some of the trolls on this very site do when they fuck up, simply say they really didn't mean that post when they get busted saying something idiotic or simply factually wrong.

And even if it was an honest assessment of Trump's approach to everything, why the hell do we want somebody who refuses to take a solid stance on anything and has shown he will never stand by anything he says if it is convenient to switch sides later? I know you stuck the word partisan in there, as if it is only partisan positions that he refuses to stick to and that somehow makes it okay, but he really won't stick to anything he says.

FileNotFound and jr/shotglass like this.
  4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

ZING!

Lugnuts and HanSenSE like this.
  5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

That's one of the wisest things you've ever said on here.

If he has to walk back earlier things he has said, that does not mean he didn't have that idea. It means he is ass-covering.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Ninety-plus percent of everything Fucko says has been independently fact-checked as false.

What kind of fucking fool would ever take any of his "policy" statements seriously?

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Boy, if OOPBot called me out, and shottie backed him up, I guess I should reevaluate everything I believe in.

8. jr/shotglass

Seriously, YF, you DO need some self-examination here. What could lead you to support this man? Are you so party-locked and ideology-locked that you think Trump actually represents your interests? Or do you -- and I cringe as I ask -- think Trump would cut a good, presidential figure?

Throw Clinton out of the equation for a minute and tell us why any rational person would lean in Donald Trump's direction.

9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Let's bring the discussion to the things that are most important about the presidency:

who will command the most respect to the rest of the world leaders and world?
    who's going to keep this country from going to war?
    even if it is war, over what?
    who's going to actually follow the Constitution, you know equal protection for all, freedom of religion, freedom of speech?

Everything else are minor things in the margins; were you unfaithful? was your spouse unfaithful? do you exhibit the "temperament"? Those are all red herrings; are you really going to decide who our leader is based on responses to those questions?

"Pay for access"? Is that a serious question in 2016? If you think that Clinton is the only violator of that, you have not been paying attention to current events. Who was GWBush likely to talk to, someone from Halliburton or someone from your corner grocery store? Do I dislike it? Sure, but that's reality.

Is the Clinton Foundation a money maker? Sure. Is that different from Casper Weinberger leaving the White House and going to work for govt. contractor Bechtel? Shultz going to work for the Hoover Institute?

Ace, HanSenSE and Baron Scicluna like this.
  10. YankeeFan

11. jr/shotglass

What? Spell it out for once. For once.

qtlaw likes this.
  12. YankeeFan

If only Republicans would have nominated someone Dems could support, like they did when they nominated George W. Bush and John McCain.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.