1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Who said that on the internet?

2. Mr. Sunshine

Inner-city blacks have given up their futures en masse for Democrats.

old_tony likes this.
  3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Hey, if you don't want to draw any conclusions based on obstruction of justice, destruction of evidence, perjury, witness intimidation, and an $850,000 settlement, be my guest,

old_tony likes this.
  4. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

YF, if your wife were accused of a crime that could send her to prison for an extended period, I'm sure you'd stand idly by and not fight it. That's the right thing to do, right?

5. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

America is making itself pretty clear. If Donald Trump is the alternative to "politics as usual," we'll stick with "politics as usual." Either way, we are in for four years of complete non-accomplishment in Washington. I'd just as soon said non-accomplishment not be accompanied by the real threat that is Trump. I'm all in for HRC's primary challenger in 2020. Or, hell, maybe even the right GOP candidate. But I'm certainly not going to vote for Donald Goddamn Trump because Bill Clinton is a bad guy.

Neutral Corner and Lugnuts like this.
  6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

image.jpeg

swingline and cranberry like this.
  7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

It's terribly sad that four kids lost their mom.

It's pretty clear from news reports that she was not the intended target. It's also clear that the man walking with her was the intended target, and that it was a gang related murder.

She put her own life, and the welfare of her children, at risk by associating with a gan banger, and that's also really sad.

I'm guessing that won't be the teachable moment here though.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Other than the settlement, prove any part of that. We'll be waiting.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

And once again, even if everything you say is 100% accurate, President Trump is cruel and usual punishment for the rest of the country.

I'll be brief. The issue here is not whether he broke a few rules, or took a few liberties with our female party guests - he did.

But you can't hold a whole country responsible for the behavior of a few, sick twisted individuals. For if you do, then shouldn't we blame the whole decomcratic system? And if the whole democratic system is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of our politcal institutions in general? I put it to you, YF isn't this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can do whatever you want to us, but we're not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America. Gentlemen!

10. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

Actually, the case to which you refer not only didn't involve an allegation of rape, it also didn't go to trial because a judge ruled there were no facts, even when giving every factual benefit of the doubt to Paula Jones, to support the case proceeding to trial.

The District Court (Eastern District Arkansas) stated - again, giving every favorable interpretation to the facts as alleged by Ms. Jones - that the "conduct alleged by the plaintiff describes a mere sexual proposition .. albeit an odious one ... that did not involve any coercion ... and was abandoned as soon as plaintiff made clear that the advance was unwelcome."

In other words, President Clinton may have been a pig but he understood that no means no and did not make any further sexual overtures.

As far as her allegations of workplace sexual harassment, the judge determined Ms. Jones failed to prove any personal or professional injury. She received all merit raises to which she was entitled, there was no evident of threats of reprisals or tangible detriment to her job.

At one point, Ms. Jones wanted to settle for $2 mm. What does her willingness to settle for less than half that amount mean? Maybe it means as little to the substantive issues as Clinton's decision to settle for so much less than had been demanded.

11. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

12. Mr. Sunshine

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.