1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Now do Obama's mom jeans.

[​IMG]

old_tony, Lugnuts and Songbird like this.
  2. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

This is one instance where I side with Obama. Christie looks ridiculous.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Isn't Obama basically a grown-up Urkel ... without the cuckoo?

4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

bigpern23 and Songbird like this.
  5. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Regarding the current state of the race.....

I was reading a few analysis pieces this morning, and I think this quote from something on Politico pretty much hit the nail on the head:

“Minority outreach is an example of a campaign addressing a fake issue and not a real issue, which is Donald Trump’s character,” said Drew Cline, a GOP operative in Bedford. “It’s not about policy or that people like Hillary, because they don’t. It’s that people aren’t comfortable with the idea of him having that much power.

“He could have the exact same policies that he has and be doing much better and be giving Hillary a more competitive challenge if he just came across as a reasonable person that you would trust with the levers of power. There’s no salvaging this campaign because there’s no changing Donald Trump.”

jr/shotglass and Riptide like this.
  6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Urkle was editor of the Harvard Law Review?
    Obama is basically a 2term elected President of the USA who won twice with relative ease

7. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

That about sums it up. Most people could say they want to be tough on immigration or careful about refugees and not come off sounding like a lunatic. Lots of people might not totally agree, but 99 percent of the people who would or could run for president could present the idea without making people scream racist and fascist.

Lugnuts likes this.
  8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The tweet reaction to Wade's cousin pretty much sums up that we are dealing with a crazy person. That isn't policy, that's just an unhinged lunatic who connects dots in a way that's clear only in his own muddled head. Most of us have elderly relatives like that and we're wondering if it's time to put them in a home.

HanSenSE, dixiehack, Lugnuts and 4 others like this.
  9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

But enough about sj.com posters --------, -------- and --------. #youknowwho

LongTimeListener likes this.
  10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I work at the law firm where Michelle and Barack met. The fact he hit on an associate as a summer means he is no Urkle. I would not even Facebook friend someone with 30 seconds of seniority over me.

X-Hack and Inky_Wretch like this.
  11. Mr. Sunshine

Not defending Trump's questionable approach, but only a fool would think any other Republican candidate would not be described as racist. It's on Page 1 of the liberal playbook. Right next to, "Keep minorities down and they'll always vote for you."

12. Mr. Sunshine

What about Twitter or Instagram?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.