1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

So, the idea now is that great Mexicans should stay in their own country and make THAT great, which would tangentially affect America, and that's better than more great people here directly affecting American prosperity? And, we are going to build a wall to ensure the great Mexicans stay there because we know what great Mexicans want better than they do? And, that's NOT racist and/or condescending whitesplaining?

Do I have that right?

bigpern23 likes this.
  2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yeah, the one percenters who employ illegals as domestic help don't love it nearly as much as shady businesses.

4. YankeeFan

Hillary always gets her help paid. She has the government or the foundation pay them, but they always get paid.

5. YankeeFan

Does illegal immigration serve as a relief valve for a curupt Mexican government/economy?

Those who want a better life, and are able to make it here, leave, sending money home, instead of fighting for reform at home.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Last year there was a guy saying it was the rapists and drug dealers who come here, not the best and brightest who then send their money back home.

What ever happened to that guy?

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Dang, YF ... you act like that's wealth that's created here but somehow enjoyed there. It's not.

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I love listening to him poetically spin his perpetual tails of life in Lake Woebegone and admire his command of the English language. I never thought I could respect how articulately intelligent he is until I read this. Couldn't make it out of the first paragraph without having to take a moment to let his words sink in.

My favorite line of the whole piece

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Isn't it true that most current undocumented aliens from Latin America come from Central America now instead of Mexico? Those countries make Mexico look like Switzerland.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  10. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure that Mexican cheese does not have holes in it.

11. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Speaking of...

Bill Clinton aides used tax dollars to subsidize foundation, private email support

This might have already been covered -- I'm not on this particular thread much anymore -- but in case it hasn't, here's a salient chunk of the piece:

But even as the Clintons got rich and grew their foundation into a $2 billion organization credited with major victories in the fights against childhood obesity and AIDS — while paying six-figure salaries to top aides — Bill Clinton continued drawing more cash from the Former President's Act than any other ex-president, according to a POLITICO analysis. The analysis also found that Clinton’s representatives, between 2001, when the Clintons left the White House, and the end of this year, had requested allocations under the Act totaling $16 million. That’s more than any of the other living former presidents — Jimmy Carter, George H. W. Bush and George W. Bush — requested during that span.

12. YankeeFan

Entangled. LOL. Have to protect the legacy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.