1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

c.f., ... ah, y'all know who ...

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Tony, does it hurt your back to move the goalposts all over the place like that?

More seriously, she isn't claiming brain damage. You do realize that people can recover from concussions, right?

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

The FBI deposition wasn't that long ago. You're saying she wasn't recovered this summer but is now?

4. outofplace

I'm saying you have no idea and you are talking out of your ass because you are desperate for an excuse to justify voting for Trump, which you are only doing out of party loyalty.

The depositions were not that long ago, but if I am reading the story correctly, she is talking about events that happened around the time of her concussion in 2012. Also, as others pointed out, she would know that the safe approach would be to say she cannot recall if she has any doubt at all about her memory of that time. And we both know Clinton will almost always take the safe approach.

5. old_tony

And we also know that if you claim to have a weak memory, you can't claim to have a sharp mind. She pulled the same "I don't recall" shit back in the middle 1990s. What was her excuse then, since there was no concussion?

6. outofplace

[​IMG]

Tony's current rhetorical approach.

Tony tries to pass the concussion from 2012 off as a current issue. When called on that, he shifts the argument again.

It's simply, tony. She's full of shit. So is Trump. Or are you going to deny that Trump is full of shit?

7. old_tony

The topic isn't Trump. It's the excuses Hillary is using to excuse her lies. Excuses you lap up like a puppy laps up spilled milk. You should spend a minute or two in reality every now and then.

Earthman likes this.
  8. outofplace

That was even more of a lame sidestep than usual. The topic is the upcoming presidential election. I'm the one accepting the reality that both candidates are full of shit. You are the one running away from uncomfortable questions about your favored candidate, just as you will run away from the board if Clinton wins. (That last bit is a prediction based on your past behavior.)

9. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

If anyone is available to help Tony pack for his post-election bunker run, please PM him directly.

Double Down likes this.
  10. old_tony

And yet you'll still vote for Hillary, rendering all your bullshit to be just that -- bullshit.

11. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

It concerns that Hillary was left in position of power with a brain injury.
    She should have taken a leave of absence.

12. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

For the record:

Dana Milbank - Maybe Gonzales Won't Recall His Painful Day on the Hill

Explaining his role in the botched firing of federal prosecutors, Gonzales uttered the phrase "I don't recall" and its variants ("I have no recollection," "I have no memory") 64 times. Along the way, his answer became so routine that a Marine in the crowd put down his poster protesting the Iraq war and replaced it with a running "I don't recall" tally.

Take Gonzales's tally along with that of his former chief of staff, who uttered the phrase "I don't remember" 122 times before the same committee three weeks ago, and the Justice Department might want to consider handing out Ginkgo biloba in the employee cafeteria.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.