1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Skewed.

The liberal cabal decided Trump wouldn't win those states, and it's just been repeated so often it's accepted as fact.

No one has actually made the case that voters there won't vote for Trump. And they won't, because they don't want to upset the narrative.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Sure she is.

No one believes that. Not even in the Clinton campaign.

Check out 538's predictions for those states.

I'll also note you didn't mention that in the same poll, Trump is up 3 in Ohio, up 4 in Iowa and within 2 in Michigan and Wisconsin. He's only down 4 in Pennsylvania and is tied in North Carolina.

Now, if their swing state polling is accurate, then there's no cause for concern in Texas or Georgia.

old_tony likes this.
  3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Do I think Trump is going to win? No, probably not. Do I think the trend line is troubling for her? I do. With the occasional exception - the Dwyane Wade Tweet comes to mind - Trump has run a pretty disciplined campaign under Bannon and Conway's direction. There has been a relentless focus on reminding people that Hillary is corrupt and has a bottomless supply of hidden emails she is keeping from the American public. The Mexico trip worked. The outreach to black communities seems to have accomplished its end, which was making white soccer moms and dads who don't think they are racist because they don't drop the n-bomb think it's not morally repugnant to vote for him.

Trump is having a good run right now.

4. YankeeFan

Clinton's chance of winning Texas in the538 polls-plus forecast? 3.4%

In Georgia? 20.5%

So, if this is your takeaway from the polling out this morning, you're a troll, not a reporter:

old_tony likes this.
  5. YankeeFan

Yeah, it was just a cough.

She had two, multi-minute coughing fits in a single day. How come no one else traveling with Hillary was bothered by "allergies" yesterday?

The elites are really upset about this single NBC report about her coughing fits.

6. MisterCreosote

How do we know that was "water" she was drinking? Why isn't anyone asking that question?

7. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

It's like a red line he wasn't afraid to cross.

9. YankeeFan

I think the word they're looking for is "can't":

10. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

Tim Kaine seemed oblivious to Hillary's coughing attack. He just kept clapping
    instead of coming to her aid. Had an SNL skit quality to it. I would not want to
    be choking if he were the only one around to assist. It was just really weird that he did not jump up to help her. Perhaps grab the mic and let her get it together. Was he afraid that jumping up would have made her look weak? 3 minutes was a long time to let someone hack away without saying "Are you ok?" "Would you like to take a break Mrs Clinton?"
    [​IMG]

11. YankeeFan

People need to hear the audio.

She sounds like she's dying as she tries to push through the coughing fit.

12. MisterCreosote

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.