1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

That's no ordinary host. It is the famous plagiarizer Mike Barnacle

Johnson either thought that Alepo was
    1. A new Mario Brothers character
    2. The latest and greatest health crisis that would replace Zika
    3. A new term for Transgenders

2. Earthman

So what. Trump knows other things like infrastructure and building. Maybe we need to move away from a world focus and look inward for some time. Obama's experience as a community organizer did not start him out with broad worldly experience.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

It's fine. I actually hope he wins. I've got enough to worry about in my own life than to spend any more time trying to convince my fellow citizens that it might not be the best idea to elect someone who doesn't know anything. My life will go on.

4. Dick Whitman

Clinton +4 in the new Rasumussen poll.

Was CNN just trolling everybody?

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

As long as the world has nuclear weapons in it, the "I'll be fine" attitude towards the Presidency is risky behavior.

6. Dick Whitman

I'm not sure what else approach I'm supposed to take, at this point, for my own sanity. A significant percentage of Americans consider it a positive when political candidates don't know things. I can try to convince 150,000,000 people why that's not actually the case, or I can worry about getting my kids to practice and let the chips I can't control fall as they may.

jr/shotglass likes this.
  7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

From your favorite National Review columnist: "If there’s an upside to 2016, it’s that it should shine a bright light on how little use our aristocrats and mandarins really are, and how little need we have of them."

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I think polling will be all over the map until Nov. 8. For one thing, the ever decreasing number of people who'll participate in polls mean the pollster have to massage the data to make it conform to demographic models, which themselves may or may not be accurate. For another, since the decisive bloc of voters dislike this choice intensely, samples will get differing responses as voters either dither over the choice or refuse to make it until they have to.

9. Earthman

Look Hillary could stand up.I guess her health is ok.
    [​IMG]

That looks like Cheryl Hines in the white dress behind Hill

10. Dick Whitman

And I fully acknowledge that YF and Earthman are probably just as equally bothered that a percentage of their fellow Americans don't seem to mind that someone they perceive as dishonest would be the president.

11. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Actually, he doesn't know jack shit about this, either.

doctorquant likes this.
  12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.