1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And your boy Trump didn't even know Putin was in Crimea until informed about it on the shows.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

You mean it's not like Friskies? Oh ...

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

DD,

You must not believe in American Exceptionalism if you think that Russians would be capable of noticing things about a U.S. presidential candidate that at least 40 percent of the U.S. population can't.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

My thoughts on that:

1. Mike Barnicle should not be paid to practice journalism
    2. If the question was out of the blue, "What do you think we should do about Aleppo?" I can see not immediately connecting it to the Middle East. It's more of a brain fart than a lack of knowledge of what's going on over there.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Not funny since there was a legitimate news story a little while ago that he contacted NBC about hosting Apprentice: White House if he got elected. NBC turned him down

6. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Oh, you thought that was a joke?

7. heyabbott

BULL SHIT. He was stumped. And Aleppo is or was one of the largest cities in Syria and the largest city controlled by opponents of Assad. It's been brutalized by Russian backed Syrian military. Aleppo is one of the most ancient cities in the world and was a flash point for over 2000 years. Persians, Romans and the Crusades. I am not a ME expert nor am a history major. But for a serious Presidential candidate to have a brain fart on Aleppo and then pontificate about solving the Syrian crisis in such vague generalities is disqualifying. It's not asking him where Helsinki is or Odessa. He didn't know enough.

8. heyabbott

image.jpeg
    South Korean TV beat him to the punch
    He'd try and say it was an original idea.
    And screw Stephen King out of royalties

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If not having a good grasp onhow to solve problems in the Middle East is disqualifying, then ....

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Assad (backed by the Russians) has been desperately trying to regain Aleppo from the rebels and has been dropping barrel bombs of chlorine on the eastern section for a couple days, so I think it's pretty reasonable to expect a presidential candidate to be conversant on the topic.

heyabbott likes this.
  11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Yeah, that was stupid too.

But, hey, "BOTH SIDES DO IT!" so it's perfectly acceptable for Trump to be a birther and his son to share a story from a whackadoo site that posts stories about lizard creatures from outer space disguising themselves as humans to rule the world.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  12. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Meh. He gave enough of an answer after the catchy soundbite to show he has at least passing familiarity with it.

Truth be told, anyone who votes for Johnson sure as hell isn't doing so because of his foreign policy positions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.