1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

MG, the reason I suggested she should rest has nothing to do with avoiding criticism by the YF's of the world. People with pneumonia don't get better without proper rest. She can either take a short-term hit or let the illness drag on, which puts her at further risk and hurts the campaign even more.

3. Songbird

She ought to let her doppleganger do some walking.

4. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Poll: Unconscious Clinton More Fit to Be President Than Conscious Trump - The New Yorker

NEW YORK (The Borowitz Report)—In a positive development for the Democratic nominee for President, a new poll released on Sunday reveals that likely voters find an unconscious Hillary Clinton “substantially more fit” to be President than a conscious Donald Trump. ...

The same poll revealed that a broad majority of voters found an unconscious Donald Trump more fit to be President than a conscious one.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  5. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Realize I'm feeding this stuff by engaging in silly speculation, but let's say, just for fun, she collapses in the first debate. It's over for her at that point.

Does Kaine just replace her? I think Sanders people would revolt.

Does Biden? Again, I think Sanders people would revolt.

Would Generic Democrat Who Is Not Hillary trounce Trump the way everyone thinks Generic Republican Who Is Not Trump would trounce Clinton? I don't think so. I'm not sure if you plug Kaine in there, he wins. Biden, at least people feel like they know him. They wouldn't really feel sick of him.

Sanders would create the biggest wild card moment in history. Would any of them even be able to get on the ballot in all 50 states? I'm unclear what the laws say.

7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Please, Dr. Fan, continue with your diagnosis.

8. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

I would be thrilled if window opened for Biden

heyabbott likes this.
  9. Songbird

President Honey Joey.

10. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I've been wondering some of this stuff too. Are there enough true Bernie supporters that their revolt would matter? I honestly don't know.

Kaine has a great resume as a senator, governor of a big state, head of the DNC. He's got Midwestern Everyman appeal even if he's actually a one-percenter. He's bland, but I can't think of any major baggage. He's legit Christian, but not in the dark ages about it. Couldn't everyone who doesn't like Trump, but couldn't get on board with. Hillary get behind this guy?

11. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

How about Biden-Kaine.

Vombatus likes this.
  12. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Hillary has been chasing this for a long, long time. I think it's still very likely she just has pneumonia and the crazies have her a bit spooked. She's not giving this up to support Kaine (or anyone) unless there is a literal fall on your face moment in the debates or in a campaign rally.

Neutral Corner likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.