1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'd literally be fine with Dick Whitman as president.

It's not a technical job.

I wouldn't let Dick do surgery on me, or fix an espresso machine, but I would trust his judgment.

It's a big job, but it's too big for any one person to actually do it all.

In many ways, the President is a figurehead, who presides over ceremony.

But, he, or she, sets the broad agenda, and puts the people in place to achieve it.

And, in consultation with experts in each field, he, or she, makes the final decision.

Trump can do this just as Dick could.

Trump has played a cartoon character. That's not who he is. He's a serious person.

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Let us know when you've convinced yourself of this, YF. Doesn't sound like you're quite there yet.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

You'd have to be basically a happier person than Trump, too. Trump is an injustice collector. Reagan wasn't. He sought the bright side and often found it.

4. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

George Bush had bad grades at Yale

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Oh my sweet and gentle Jesus, you can't be serious with these sentences.

Big Circus and Double Down like this.
  6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I think Bill Clinton did, too, at Yale Law School, though it's pass/fail. I don't think he got any "high passes." According to Maraniss's biography, he spent all his time working on political campaigns and never cracked a book. It's very difficult to fail out of one of the top law schools.

7. YankeeFan

If I were to grant one criticism of Trump, it would be that he can appear to be insecure.

But, I think it's served him in some ways.

He's a kid from Queens, who was determined to succeed in Manhattan.

He was humiliated when President Obama mocked him at the White House Correspondents Dinner, and is now on the cusp of potentially following him as President.

Even when he lashed out against someone like Elizabeth Warren, it's not always pretty. But, she's been invisible lately.

Republicans who might otherwise come out against him know they would be a target of his if they did, so they stay silent.

Trump's insecure has turned him into a fighter.

Earthman likes this.
  8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

A true rags to riches tale.

YankeeFan likes this.
  9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

And why would an uninformed, insecure fighter be a bad fit for the White House?

10. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

This whole campaign is such a fantasy. Everyone gets a pony, too. We're going to rebuild out military, and our roads, and cut taxes, and give everyone leave, and build a wall, and drag 11 million people across the border by going door to door, and oh yeah, we're also going to give every mom paid leave, and we'll pay for it all by eliminating some "waste." This is a biggest fantasy than the entire Sanders campaign.

HanSenSE likes this.
  11. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

And he'll fight for you and our country. #Make America Great Again

12. YankeeFan

Eliminating fraud and abuse won't pay for everything?

LOL.

How come no one ever told us this before?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.