1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Nah ... I was kinda busy getting married, having kids, changing careers, trying to re-discover my short game ...

I've just always felt that she had a very hard base that was pretty substantial. Turns out I may have been wrong as re: both the size and solidity of that base.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I was in high school and college and kind of disconnected from news that didn't involve a ball, but I knew enough to know that Hillary Clinton was a bitch whore and no wonder her husband cheated on her because she was the biggest shrew pussycat in the world.

There really aren't all that many corporate lawyers, in the grand scheme of things.

doctorquant likes this.
  3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It was burned in a barrel out back when Trump began winning primaries.

Private schools, Wharton, millionaire daddy bankrolling him ... but, hey, he eats KFC on his private plane!

Ace likes this.
  4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Actually, Clinton is maintaining her base quite well. Trump has gained ground by getting more of the Republican base to support him.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

He brags about being rich. But people believe he's a blue collar construction guy at heart.

6. Dick Whitman

Business school is very different. People don't look at that as an "elite" credential, i.e. a snob factory. He's not a lawyer, a journalist, or an academic. Those are the "elites."

7. Dick Whitman

And I don't know that they're completely wrong. I move around a little in the land of "elites" and people striving to be "elites." It is an incredibly buttoned-up world. People you've known for five years write formal emails to you with a salutation and closing to ask to send a single document. It's not easy for me. If Trump worked at my office, I'd love the guy.

8. YankeeFan

He's only got a BA. (And spent two years at Fordham before getting into Penn.)

After college, and getting a "small loan" he got right to work. No years in academia for him.

doctorquant likes this.
  9. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Americans want the elite -- and most especially the media elite -- to eat a shit sandwich so badly, that they're willing to eat it alongside of them. Some have even convinced themselves that shit sandwiches are delicious.

So continuing to point out that Hillary is a shit sandwich doesn't help Trump, especially since he's liverwurst, and no one likes liverwurst.

If you want to talk America out of a shit sandwich, you'd better offer it something a lot better than liverwurst.

Sadly for Talk Radio Conservatives, there's nothing Trump can do to make a positive case for his presidency.

10. Dick Whitman

Right. But it's an Ivy. Still, it's a business degree. Every Tom, Dick, and Harry in America majors in business, so it doesn't seem "elite."

11. Dick Whitman

You keep posting things like this, and the polls keep showing otherwise.

I said at the time of the DNC that Hillary made an enormous miscalculation by making her speech about him. Since she spends most of her time in hiding, that was her big chance to make herself acceptable to Americans who mostly think she's a shrew bitch. Instead, she just talked about Donald Trump for an hour. Sad!

YankeeFan likes this.
  12. YankeeFan

People can say it's an act, or whatever, but Trump has always been the kind of guy who acknowledges and talks to the worker bees.

He says hello to them. Remembers their name. Asks about their family. And that goes a long way, and it comes across in his personality.

And, conversely, you just can't imagine Hillary remembering the name of a doorman, or driver, or janitor.

And, maybe she does. But it's not the perception.

Hillary is swept into a room by security, in a bubble with Huma and others. Trump walks in, saying hello to folks on the way in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.