1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Why would this not surprise me?

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Years ago, I would get mad like this at posters here.

This is a message board, man. Relax.

Big Circus and Songbird like this.
  3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

You can't write 500 words until you know how to write 6,000.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Has it been a while since you had sex or masturbated because you REALLY need to rub one out.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Still not ready to call it terrorism:

6. YankeeFan

This should be interesting:

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I won't be able to get anything done today until I know that the mayor of New York, a city I have never set foot in, properly labels this.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

What does it say about Trump that he's so willing to copycat someone he has labeled as "crooked?"

9. YankeeFan

Haven't we already stipulated that Trump is the worst, most racist, person to ever seek the presidency?

Why do you insist on only ever holding your preferred politicians to the low bar of George W. Bush, and now Donald Trump?

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Google "sample proportion standard error," take a look at that formula, and then think about how small it'd be if you put 25,000 there where n is.

11. YankeeFan

12. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Leaked court documents from ‘John Doe investigation’ in Wisconsin lay bare pervasive influence of corporate cash on modern US elections

Because Scott Walker asked. That could stand as an elegant catchphrase for the state of democracy in the US today, where elections are lost or won as much according to candidates’ ability to attract corporate cash as by the strength of their leadership or ideas.

The phrase is to be found within a batch of 1,500 pages of leaked documents obtained by the Guardian that are being published in their entirety for the first time. The cache consists of a stack of evidence gathered by official prosecutors in Wisconsin who were conducting what was called a “John Doe investigation” into suspected campaign finance violations by Walker's campaign and its network.

The John Doe files published today open a door onto how modern US elections operate in the wake of Citizens United, the 2010 US supreme court ruling that unleashed a flood of corporate money into the political process. They speak to the mounting sense of public unease about the cosy relationship between politicians and big business, and to the frustration of millions of Americans who feel disenfranchised by an electoral system that put the needs of corporate donors before ordinary voters.

Scott Walker, the John Doe files and how corporate cash influences American politics

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.