1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Once again, ignoring history ...

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

This is oddly horrifying, yet mesmerizing at the same time.

3. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

So there's no actual way to quantify employment, because you're convinced all the numbers are bogus, so instead we should just accept how you feel about it, and agree the economy sucks.

doctorquant likes this.
  4. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Christie has a gunt.

5. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

Wraps up the election for him. Hillary's urge for caution on Saturday night was not what the masses wanted to hear. Trump saying it was a bomb right way sounded decisive.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Clinton now +0.9 in the RCP average. Less than a week ago, I was told here that I was speaking without evidence when I said that her lead was "at most" 2 points. It was clear which way the winds were blowing at the time. I don't think anyone looking at this objectively right now can think that she's actually ahead in the polling. I expect that we'll get our first big wave of Trump-on-top polls in the next couple of days. The question then becomes when will the DNC begin to get pressure to replace her as the nominee. Otherwise, they risk a Trump landslide. People are finding him more and more acceptable than the alternative with each day that goes by without him making any more real gaffes. I've said this before: He's figured this out.

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

You should. If your man Donald is going to ask why Obama is campaigning instead of governing, yet, Christie is not in the statehouse when the desperado is caught ...

8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I'm not going all Chicken Little yet, but how does history remember Hillary if she blows this election and manages to lose to the worst major-party candidate in history?

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

This is why I don't watch Dancing With The Stars.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Isn't that pretty much how we got suckered into Iraq?

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If suggesting at least twice that the Democractic nominee be assissinated isn't a gaffe, he's ingaffeable, I guess.

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

As a Hamlet-like tragic figure whose "penchant for secrecy," as Axelrod put it, derailed her bid for the only role she ever really wanted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.