1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

2. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

That is a cute analogy but many of us that are voting for Hillary actually believe she is extremely qualified and will do a good job. I don't believe for a second that yank or the others here actually think Trump is qualified. They are blinded by their hatred for Clinton and might be willing to vote for the racist pig in order to keep her out of office.
    How about this analogy...I need brain surgery, behind one door is a whack job that knows nothing about brain surgery. Behind the other is a whack job named Ben Carson. As much as I dislike this boob I will gladly let him operate on me because he is qualified.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Wouldn't you think so too?

[​IMG]

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

He always was effective with De'Angelo Colbert as his sidekick.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I reject your premise because Door No. 1 does not represent either candidate. You could make a decent argument that Door No. 2 represents Trump, but if I need the surgery to live I'm shit out of luck with that option.

That raises the other issue in your analogy, which doesn't quite reach the depths of one created by Baron, but it is well below your capabilities. You don't offer enough information in your scenario. Do I need surgery? If so, do I need surgery immediately, or can I wait and try another day with a competent surgical team? If I need surgery to survive, I'm getting the fuck out of that hospital 'cause either option leaves me dead.

Now if you want to come at this from a more serious angle, I do see what point you are trying to make. It just doesn't hold up in this case. Because here's the thing. Even if Trump does decide to play it hands off, we've still got four years of a completely unqualified person who has the power to do some massive damage to this country.

I don't agree with Badger, but I do believe that Clinton can be at least competent, if not trustworthy. Trump is neither.

6. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

Trump is actually doing something previous republicans were afraid to do. Actually have a conversation with black voters and ask for their vote. It's resonating with younger black voters

YankeeFan likes this.
  7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

A question that applies to pretty much every member of this board, including you. Care to answer it?

8. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Sure. I'm at work. I DO NOT have anything better to do.

dixiehack, Ace and TheSportsPredictor like this.
  9. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

I capitalized 'it' because your use of 'they' is wrong.

10. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

3% is resonating?

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

He always says silly things like that. It's a verbal tic. I'm not outraged.

12. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

The politics of fear. Meant to get votes from people who have a better chance of being hit by lightning 20 times than ever being a victim of terrorism.

You know who isn't freaking out over the NYC/NJ bombings? Those of us who live here.

Maybe voters should follow that lead rather than a carnival barker who says "tough" things with no actual plan.

I'd also like to hear Trump say to the NYPD and FBI that they're not "tough enough."

Bufoon is far too kind a term for Trump.

qtlaw likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.