1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Trump says "What have you got to lose!?!" to blacks and people say he's right and he's engaging with them.

People say "What have you got to lose!?!" when talking about third-party candidates and it is dismissed out of hand.

2. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

Look at surveys of younger black voters. Again when did you ever hear a Republican having a direct conversation with blacks about problems in their communities? They were afraid to touch the 3rd rail of politics

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I know you know the difference between a commentator and a news anchor. Please show it.

4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I do. I also know if I'm running a news network, in that situation I'd give the employee one choice: The campaign or his job with me.

Vombatus likes this.
  6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I guess FOX News has higher ethics than Sports Illustrated, we now know.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

So you are about as productive there as you are here? :)

8. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I linked a 538 article yesterday that mentioned an ABC poll from last week...2% of black millennials support Trump. And Trump is not speaking to blacks. He is using blacks to get to the suburban women that think he is racist. By "speaking to blacks" they might be more apt to vote Trump..."see he isn't racist".

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Nah, it's not even that subtle. He is telling his base that black Americans live in chaos and misery and that he'll keep them away from the wonderful safe world of white people.

10. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

That's the world that white, liberal, democrats created.

The most segregated places in America ar cities -- like yours and mine -- run by democrats.

The neighborhoods and the schools are segregated.

And crime is only an issue when it pops up in good neighborhoods.

Earthman likes this.
  12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

If this is his signature issue, why doesn't he care enough to know even the basics about ISIS? His answer, of course, would be that he's not going to give away his plan. But you can speak intelligently and coherently about the problem without telegraphing your solution.

Smart people trust him on this, though. Oh, well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.