1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I've never, ever seen political hyperbole treated hyper literally, and then "fact checked".

It's absurd. It's an attempt to make Trump look stupid.

And, it's plenty easy to point out the vacuousness of Trump's policies without embarrassing themselves with this silliness.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Totally agree. The ISIS freak-out was an absolute embarrassment, and things have only gotten worse since he's surged in the polls the last few days, and in particular since her 9/11 collapse.

By the way, funny story. I was reading my son a children's book about Hillary last night, written some time earlier this year. In the course of it, it noted that she studies policy "with her sunglasses on," and mentioned how she "collapsed" a few years ago. I think it said while walking up the stairs.

3. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

There is a whole set of literature dedicated to urban public policy. Google Scholar is your friend!

4. Dick Whitman

I think you're fairly off-base here. The kind of white Democrats you speak of have little problem with their kids going to school with the children of African-American doctors, teachers, or, hell, steel workers. What they don't want are their children going to school with gang members and drug dealers, whatever their race.

Donny in his element likes this.
  5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I've been thinking about the first debate, and I suspect it might turn out to be Mayweather-Pacquiao, a lot duller than the mass audience expects. Each candidate faces a specific challenge, prove to the majority that dislikes him/her that their impression is wrong, or at least subject to doubt. For Trump, the challenge is to show he's not a horrible person. For Clinton, it's to show she's a person, period. Trump has every incentive to stay calm (no chance he's stopping vague) and Clinton has every incentive to be nice and personally revealing as she can be (no chance she's stopping wonky). Don't know if either can do it, but if they both can, we could have quiet instead of fireworks.

6. Dick Whitman

She has to use his vagueness to clearly illustrate his lack of knowledge and grasp of the issues, or it's a loss for her.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I agree, but that's much more like what a debate between more "normal" Democratic and Republican candidates would be like. People expect fireworks, and I think they may get something much more like Obama-Romney.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yes. I'm not moving to West Virginia.

9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

This is what you get when you don't have any real "policies" and your entire campaign is built on bombast.

And, he doesn't need any help looking stupid. He IS stupid. And so is anyone who thinks he's an acceptable candidate for president.

Killick and jr/shotglass like this.
  10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'll give you that one. Guy has no fear and is convinced everyone does or will love him.

11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Once in a while, when trying to put our daughter down for a nap, I'll play her a story time podcast. There's one I like that is a mix of original stories and retelling of classics.

There's one that is a take on The Emperor's New Clothes, and the emperor is recast as a president. The president though is based on Trump, and says things like "huge". It's not subtle, but it's funny as hell.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.