1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

Pneumonia

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Apropos of nothing here, but Brewers manager Craig Counsell has those same sniffles in his post-gamer quite often, and if there's a professional athlete (former or current) I would bet has never done coke, it would be him.

3. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

There are no knockout blows in politics anymore. There is nothing he could have done tonight, literally nothing, that would have lost him the 40 percent of support he currently has.

If I were his people, I'd worry about the CNN poll of "undecideds," 18 of 20 who said he lost. He needs to flip that to win.

No idea how it plays out, frankly. If people seriously think tonight helped him and more people will turn out for him, then he'll be president. He was a mess, and I'm not sure it matters. She did about as well as I hoped she might.

4. old_tony

Preparing for a 10-man debate and a one-on-one are two different things.

three_bags_full likes this.
  5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Had a coworker (briefly) once who would sniffle and snort all the time like that. No cocaine that I know of, but he freely admitted to overusing Afrin.

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

An awful lot of caveats came prior to that pronouncement, though. All of which added up to it wasn't quite as one-sided as that. Although I personally thought it was.

CNN panel has referred a lot to the difference in their demeanor on the split screen. It did not help The Donald at all.

7. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I agree. He also was clearly wearing down as the debate went along. He was having even more trouble focusing.

8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

My sense is Hillary stopped the bleeding tonight. She neutralized the narrative of her health, and the email thing was barely a topic.

And Donald got off script for the first time in a while, which was the biggest reason why he had risen in the polls. That's his big hobgoblin — you don't know what he'll spout off on the fly in a debate.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Still trying to understand his detour to the spin room afterward. Is he such an egomaniac that he doesn't trust the people given the job to spin properly? For someone who wants to farm out some responsibilities of the job to his veep, he likes to keep his thumbs in everything.

10. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I had a guy investing my money that had sniffles all the time. Scared the shit out of me. Turned out he was allergic to my sweater. But I'm pretty sure Trump was high as a kite.

Cosmo and vicd like this.
  11. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

OK, Jerry.

12. old_tony

He has a habit of starting to make a good point and then wondering off on a tangent and not getting back to the original good point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.